• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Hangs Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10, the Fall Creators Edition, version 1709 (execute winver to see your version) and Creative Cloud started having some issues. Primarily, the system would hang every time that the creative cloud task would start. I would also receive the error that the Creative Cloud application needed repair. I worked through all of the solutions listed, including uninstall, reinstall, running the ccCleaner, deleting the OOME folder, and nothing worked. I even took the time to initiate a support chat with Adobe (that was a total waste of 3-4 hours of my time) and still the issue wasn't fixed (although Adobe closed the ticket as resolved); after the support person dropped my session after the system still hung after she worked on it for about an hour.

Anyways, I continued searching for possible solutions and late last night (more like early this morning), I found this:

https://www.winhelp.info/still-not-receiving-the-new-lightroom-classic-cc-in-windows-10/

This article documents some new Windows Defender code that was introduced in the Fall Creator's Edition and describes some settings changes which completely solved my problem.  I hope this helps others having similar issues. The only thing I can say is that Adobe Support should be aware of these issues and have the fix/circumvention documented on their website!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did that. Spent an hour on the chat, the technician restarted the app, the system hung again, she dropped the chat, and i received an email stating that my ticket was closed as resolved when it was not fixed. Subsequently i discovered the real fix online and posted the above to assist other users with the same issue.  I will provide a ticket number on request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll think the best way (but time-consuming) is to do a clean install of all CC apps.

Deinstall all Adobe software, run the Adobe Cleaner Tool and then install the Creative Cloud client and one app after the other.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case,  i already did that without any noticeable change.  The process described in my post was the solution that worked. Microsoft introduced new code in the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Edition that broke creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my post was intended to offer you a way to communicate with adobe support and supply that info, not to solve a problem you've already solved.

in any case, thank you for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines