• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud - unwanted, unnecessary, unhelpful

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud is a terribad software that installs more stuff than I asked for and is harder to remove than a cockroach infestation. If an alternative to Adobe Reader and any other Adobe app comes along, I'll definitely stop using anything from Adobe straight away. In fact, I'll support the development of anything that supersedes Adobe apps if I can help it. Here are some of the things I encountered:

-  misled into installing Acrobat Reader DC, which meant that I concurrently installed CC

- it was slow and laggy on my Surface Pro 6 (Core i5 8250U, 8GB RAM), occasionally freezes up, requiring forced closing of the program

- Acrobat Reader DC requires an expensive subscription

- even after I uninstalled it for being the unnecessary trash that it was, I had to download an additonal registry editor from Adobe's own presumably helpful website (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/remove-cc-files-folder-shortcut-navigation-panel.html) to remove the shortcut that was left behind

- said "uninstaller" did not work and I had to source for another independent solution, which thankfully, worked. 

Thanks, but no thanks, Adobe. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat READER is free. You appear to have installed Adobe Acrobat DC, which as you note requires a subscription.

Make sure you also cancel the subscription if you haven't already or you will be charged. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines