• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivate a device from my account page

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 2 posts here stating: "Log into your Adobe account. Go to your Plans. Click Manage Accounts. Scroll down to Activated Devices. This will list your devices. If you would like to deactivate a device, simply click Deactivate next to that device." However, at my account page there is no list (I can find) of activated devices, I can view my purchased downloads, order history etc. - perhaps the Adobe web site has changed but at one time offered this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating devices only works with Creative Cloud and only if you have installed on more than one device.  

What exactly are you trying to do?  And which products and versions do you have?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE, purchased here, shows up in my account. Wanted to delete one of the computers associated with my account and then install and register on a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SF_Photo1 what error message are you receiving when you attempt to activate Photoshop Elements on the new computer? For more information on how activation works see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already installed on 2 devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can call Adobe (can not find a chat option) however

am concerened that Adobe would simply wipe all my devices from my account list and I would have to re-register all the differrent software on the devices I wanted to use with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the device list is only for CC then I guess I have no option other than contacting Adobe. Is there a chat option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got into chat by selecting Fix Password issues then "still need help"

They did not help but did indicate that if I was a paid subscriber there sould be a device list.

I am thinking that If I had subscription and then I deactivate a device it would only do so for subscription use NOT for Purchased Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is not Creative Cloud. It's stand alone software that you activate with serial number. What happens when you try to install Photoshop Elements on a 2nd computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Already installed on 2 devices" (which is true, but I only have access to one)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I don't own PS Elements. But if it works like legacy Phothsop, open the software and go to your Help Menu to de-activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not de-activate as I do not have access to the old computer(s). I have only one I am using that has PSE installed plus the new computer which I have not used yet. Thanks though to your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you de-activate the computer that has PSE on it? The one you say you still have access to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get 2 activations of PSE.  You must de-activate 1 before you can install on another machine. 

If you don't have the old machine, then you can't very well de-activate it can you?  So you are left with de-activating the machine you have access to.  That's the best I can offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible to deactivate PSE by going to Help->Sign out. See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

You still need to have access to that old machine.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines