Highlighted

How to stop Creative Cloud from launching at start up ?

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To stop Creative Cloud from launching at the start-up, please follow the steps- 

Launch the Creative Cloud app and click on File (top left corner of the app)- 

KanikaS_1-1592843201085.png

Select Preferences-

cleanup 1.png

Under General, uncheck the 'Launch Creative Cloud at login' option and select DONE-

KanikaS_3-1592843728105.png

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

How to stop Creative Cloud from launching at start up ?

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To stop Creative Cloud from launching at the start-up, please follow the steps- 

Launch the Creative Cloud app and click on File (top left corner of the app)- 

KanikaS_1-1592843201085.png

Select Preferences-

cleanup 1.png

Under General, uncheck the 'Launch Creative Cloud at login' option and select DONE-

KanikaS_3-1592843728105.png

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my Adobe Application Manager and it became Creative Cloud. After the update, it runs everytime I log into Windows. How can I stop it form running at startup? I looked for the common startup places (task manger -> startup tab, startup folder and registry) but there's no sign of it.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and CS6.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jim-liu, Open Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the Settings button at the right rop corner, go to Preferences -> General Tab -> Settings and uncheck "Launch at Login" option.

That should help you out.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arpit, thanks for the reply. That was the first place I looked, however clicking the settings button only gives me "Help", "Pin to Notification Area" and "Quit Creative Cloud".

Edit: Got it. Have to sign in first and accept license agreement before having the ability to disable it...

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, you need to login first and then disable it.

Let me know if you still get the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the "launch at login" solved it. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac... And Creative Cloud runs at boot despite it not being visible in System Preferences > Accounts > Login

Let me get this clearer:

1. Get in your face when you boot

2. Sign in because you have no other choice to disable boot at login.

3. Agree to any new licences, no matter how irrelevant to you.

4. Possibly do software/setup configurations which will be un-needed.

5. "Sure, now you can disable Creative Cloud from being in your face"

Makes no sense to me. How come we can't just say "disable" at step 1?

Chris

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, in System Preferences ---> Users and Groups ---> Login Items

You should see Adobe Creative Cloud in a list. Check the box to prevent it from loading at start up.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty obnoxious.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan Bortz wrote:

It's pretty obnoxious.

Yes, Adobe is great at Adobe-centric decisions that piss off the customers.

They could use "a Steve Jobs" to scream and yell at them when they do this.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Went to System Preferences --> Users & Groups --> Login Items.

Creative Cloud is not listed there.

Tried to sign into Creative Cloud. Must be different than this. Did not accept my sign in. Ask to reset password. Did not receive any email to reset password for Creative Cloud sign in. So I cannot sign in to Creative Cloud. That means I cannot set it to not come up at computer start.

This is illogical, nonsensical, ridiculous, frustrating crap.  My opinion of Adobe the company is at its lowest point ever.

I own Adobe Acrobat Pro XI. I might buy a new version if it came out. I would never rent the program. Also own Photoshop Elements.

Is there any reason to keep Creative Cloud if you don't rent Adobe's programs?  Is Creative Cloud needed for updates to Acrobat Pro or Elements?

If it is unnecessary for updates, then what's the best way to delete it from an Apple computer?

Thanks for any help.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. This was driving me crazy!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old issue, but why in the year 2015 would any developer choose to force a login before letting you get to settings? As a whole the entire software developing world solved this problem in the mid 2000's because the first reaction is to uninstall the app and stop being potential customers. It drives away business and makes for angry users. Right now I'm waiting for an unbelievably huge update TO AN UPDATE MANAGER before I'm allowed to disable this bug feature. I actually am the person who could have purchased one of these products for this company and was considering it for ease of use... but so far the entire creative cloud process has been a hassle and this is the last straw. We will spend the time on work arounds.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, not there...

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I just point out exactly how frustrating this is on a multiuser system? I have Creative Cloud on two machines, one of which has a login for my wife. So, it launches for her - she does not have a Creative Cloud account, so can't login to disable it!!!! Did it not occur to your programming team that on a multiuser operating system not all users might be CC members?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me, it still starts services.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to automate disabling this from start up for windows once you install?

Such as editing a preferences file setting or something upon silent deployment ?

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely Wrong. It is disabled from launching at login in the CC settings, Though my antivirus I've disabled it from starting at login. I've even gone into Windows registry and disabled it from running at login there.

Creative Cloud, and the entire adobe set of a dozenish background processes STILL Launch at start up. It's absolutely ridiculous that this set of applications DEMANDS background processes to be running for services that are disabled, or are not actually being used AT ALL while i'm generally using my computer and have not even opened so much of a PDF to view.

The CC is "closed" at start up. and it has to "load" if I want to run it. It doesn't even create a single new process when I manually run the program if I have not manually terminated the bloatware processes.

Classifying this absurd resource hogging at start up, when you are not even wanting to use the adobe programs at the time to view so little as a PDF a "feature" is absurd.

and having an option to turn these off that blatantly DOES NOT WORK. is Malicious.

Fix your Suite

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its 2019 and this is STILL the case! What a joke of a company. Complete market share and totally ruined it themselves

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 - I tried all the recommended processes here. None worked.

The solution that worked for me is as follows (***I am writing this so even a non-computer nerd can follow***): 

1. Right-click on Start button - the little icon in the extreme lower left-hand corner that looks like a 4-pane window.

2. Select Task Manager from the Drop-Up box

3. When Task manager opens, on the row of tabs across the top, look for the one labeled "Startup" and click on it

4. Up comes a list of programs that, looking to the end of its line, are listed as "Enabled" or "Disabled."

5. If the program is listed as  "Enabled", it will launch and run every time you turn on your computer, potentially slowing down your computer.

6. If the program is listed as "Disabled", it is still available for you to run immediately when you want by clicking on it.  It's just "disabled" from running automatically every time you turn on your computer.

(This list does not affect running Windows 10, your operating software (OS).)

7. Of the ones "Enabled", see which ones you do not want to run automatically.

8.  Right-click on it; up comes a drop-down box. Click on "Disable". 

9.  (You can also click on the "Disabled" ones to "Enable" them to run the moment you turn on your computer. But it may cause your computer to run more slowly.)

I disabled Creative Cloud, restarted my tablet and Creative Cloud DID NOT launch. 

My tablet functions significantly faster now.

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it lets me turn it off within the creative cloud application, it does NOT prevent it from starting up after a reboot.  This in turn results in the core sync process eating up significant CPU processing and prevents shutdown on many occassions.  If there is no way to stop creative cloud and the associated core sync process from running, I'm going to need to cancel my subscription to your service and uninstall all adobe related items.  I cannot continue to have my system hijacked by this software.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Apir

I would. Like to know if Adobe have Startup programs, our company need to have the tools for design logos and marketing material but we are pre revenue.

Any idea how. We can get 1 license for 12 months?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explaing this....I had just done it, and then thought, "Gosh, was it ok to do that?" I am not really skilled with computers... So I "searched" and found your comment.  WOW, I hope this continues to work, as this CC app has been driving me nuts!!  I hope it won't turn itself on again the next time I re-boot.  I've tried everything else, even uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop.  It would not uninstall!  I hate Adobe for this.

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, how do you update Adobe application manager so thta it becomes Creative Cloud? I still have both running - should i only have CC now?

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It shows that it has an update for AAM when I checked for updates (for Photoshop). After the update it became CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EASY

How to stop the Creative Cloud on the Windows Start

1. Click the "Start" button and type "msconfig" without the quotes and press the ENTER key.

2. When open (System Settings), just click on the tab "Startup".

3. Look at the list box "Adobe Creative Cloud" and uncheck.

4. Apply and then OK.

5. When you open the dialog, you see 2 options. Choose "Restart Computer".

When you startup Windows, verify the Creative Cloud and will no longer anymore.

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msconfig works only if you are logged in as an administrator. I need to disable CC running at startup for the nonadmin user accounts, without first requiring them to log into it so they can turn it off in the preferences.

The reason for turning it off for the nonadmins without making those accounts first log into it is that when they log in, it sets up yet another cloud drive, which they don't need and will never use. Only the admin needs to be able to log into CC, and only to install updates for CS6. The new subscription-based model doesn't work for me, so CS6 is the last version that I will ever use. That makes CC a really annoying substitute for the former Adobe Application Updater.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is finally the ONLY method that worked. All the other suggestions did not prevent Adobe from "resetting" to run at startup! Thank you!!!!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me, why, for some the 2 easiest ways to stop this applciation running at startup, are to either completely remove all adobe software from my computer, or to sign up to the cloud just so I can get to the settings to disable it?

My computer takes 10 minutes just to log in, this new startup program is quite annoying.

For the tech savvi who want to do this in just 4 clicks and never look at any adobe dialogs and have to decipher them.

Do the following, to disable almost any annoying startup applciation (this process is more usfull and memorable way)

1. from start menu select run
  2. type msconfig
  3. click on the tab for startup applications
  4. turn the tickbox next to the app you dont want off.
  5. click ok - no need to reboot.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac try this in terminal

sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very functional, good job. Obviously for OSX

In Terminal:

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac OS X only:

You may want to remove all of the stuff Adobe launches at startup.

To see what's installed, enter this line in Terminal:

ls /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.*

I had these LaunchAgents installed:

com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist

com.adobe.ARMDCHelper.cc24aef4a1b90ed56a725c38014c95072f92651fb65e1bf9c8e43c37a23d420d.plist

com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

com.adobe.GC.Invoker-1.0.plist

I really don't want any of this stuff on my Mac, for any user, so I removed them all with the following Terminal command:

sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.*

Please note that this removes all of the Adobe LaunchAgents, which is exactly what I wanted to do.

Thanks to Andy-Foo for the original Terminal command:

Andy-Foo  wrote

For Mac try this in terminal

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted these (the sudo rm function) and they will come back. I've tried the launchctl unload -w and dragging into the Terminal window each of the Adobe .plist files and hopefully that will suppress them for good. The only other option is to delete the application(s) these .plist files invokes. I use PlistEdit Pro and look for a key labeled either Program or ProgramArguments and it should show a path to the program in question.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest thing I don't like, is there doesn't appear to be a way to start the application minimized. Since my license is subscripiton based, I believe I have to run this application to use Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad realization is that version 2.1.0.108 that's been pushed down our throats is as buggy as hell. There's nothing we can do until Adobe fixes this poor piece of software.

Some of the issues (but not limited to) are:

App window open automatically and randomly

The app reports network problems though there's no problem what so ever

It fails to sync

It crashes

It fails to start upon restart even though it's set to open as login item

All of the temporary solutions suggested by Adobe such as deleting the .*db* files in CoreSync and such do not work.

This is just a lousy piece of software released without proper testing.

Goran

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. And it seems that 2.1.1.110 (Mac) isn't any better at least in terms of the window behavior. Every time I log in (even just re-logging in from a lock sceen) the Window pops up to advise me that, yes, I installed updates not long ago. Thanks. I knew that.

It used to just start up and run politely in the background unless I either needed it or it had something important to tell me. Now constantly in my face. Only choice I have is to disable run at login. The annoyance of occasionally having to start the thing is less than the annoyance of it popping up all the time.

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

2.1.1.110 on Mac doesn't solve the randomly popping app window.

Btw I no longer see the option to check for updates manually.

Great Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Correct Answer" doesn't work for me. I followed the easy instructions, "Open Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the Settings button at the right rop corner, go to Preferences -> General Tab -> Settings and uncheck "Launch at Login" option." However, Create Cloud continues to open every time I restart my computer. I have a slow work computer with no alternatives, so this extra loading process doesn't help. Any other solutions?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OS X open Terminal and run

launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

This deactivates Creative Cloud from launching at Login for your user.

For turning it back on run

launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

Hope this helps until Adobe gives us back the option to do that within the Settings of Creative Cloud.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I didn't use the Terminal, but I popped into those folders & dumped everything with "adobe" in it. That worked!

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had Adobe Application Manager update the same way which is very annoying since I am using CS6 and not CC applications.  And the normal uninstall refuses to uninstall saying I have CC application.  Only thing Close is I have Acrobat Reader DC installed although its cloud functions are disabled.

Fortunately Adobe does have a tool to uninstall it.  Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

After running that Adobe application manager reverts to a version that although it has a list for installing CC apps, works otherwise more like it did in the past.

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a way to stop the Core Sync Helper from starting up with my machine every single time?  I have to open activity monitor and force quit the process each and every time I start my machine (OSX 10.11.2).

Launch at login is disabled within the app.

LaunchAgents are removed.

LaunchDaemons are removed.

StartupItems are clear.

This was done for both user and system libraries.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody have a .bat script for windows 7 for removing this pop up?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arpit Kapoor wrote:

jim-liu,  Open Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the Settings button  at the right rop corner, go to Preferences -> General Tab ->  Settings and uncheck "Launch at Login" option.

That should help you out.

You know perfectly well this does not prevent Creative Cloud from launching at startup and I hate that this is marked as Correct. It is so grossly incorrect.

The extent of what "Launch at Login" controls:

Determining if the "CC Desktop App" (which is already running at startup) is also loaded in your Taskbar (Windows) or Menu Bar (Mac). That it, that's the only thing it controls. The "CC Desktop App" is already running in the background at startup whether Launch at Login Off or On. It refers exclusively the loading it in the Taskbar / Menu Bar in addition to it already running in background. It's essentially nothing more than goofy "helper" app.

"Launch at Login" is very misleading, seeming like it controls the whole Creative Cloud package. It does not. Everything is still fully running in the background regardless of this setting.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to stop all the background processes from loading at startup. There are several heavy usage processes that takes much cycles that run in the background and I want that stopped. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop every single CC process from loading? When I use CC I want it to then load and when I exit I want them all stopped.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer you selected as correct is completely wrong. There is no such option in the mentioned menu.

creativebs.png

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the same problem I have. I get the same screen with menu options you show even when logged in.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the "correct answer" given here is completely wrong, not because it's not the "recommended method" but because it doesn't actually change jack all effectively.

Going into your Creative Cloud settings and toggling the "start at Login" WILL NOT stop Adobe processes from starting at login/system boot. On my 12 gigs of ram toggling from the adobe program itself only saves me ~7% of my physical memory. find the task manager launcher in a directory window

The following freed up ~45% of my physical memory at boot, but it takes the creative cloud slightly longer to boot up when I want to use it, but it doesn't kill my general opporatting ability from startup. More than an acceptable compromise to me. just be aware that the program will every now and then decide to switch start up services back on, or change manual launch settings to automatic. Oh additionally with these services not starting at boot you may/will likely loose the ability to right click open in adobe program x

You will need to open services.msc as well as msconfig through the cmd(win)+R run task. 

in services.msc you will need to locate the various services that Adobe as installed and individually toggle them all to "Manual" instead of "automatic" or "enable" If you choose "Disable" it will not let them be used unless you go back into this window and manually enable and launch. they are not all clearly labeled, make sure you know what your tuning off, set the wrong thing to manual and you may run into booting issues. if that happens boot in safe mode and restore settings either manually or from a system restore backup I would recommend making before you start.

in msconfig you will need to toggle the "selective start up" and over on the "start-up" tab untoggle the various Adobe Processes, it's like 5 different things.

Adobe support will not acknowledge or suggest this is necessary, and have literally told me that their is no point to this and Simply unticking "start at login" is all that is needed. Being able to prove to them adobe is running the exact same number of processes whether the program starts at login, or proving that their start-up processes are still eating nearly half my system resources is only met with effectively gaslighting as if I were presenting faked screenshots.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing is that I wrote a lengthy post about how to kill all adobe useless telemetryprocesses at startup (no, they aren't necessery for any of the adobe programs to run and can be freely killed) but I got CENSORED and the post never appeared .

How cool isn't that. Remember, adobe considers telemetry to be more important than customer happines. Something to ponder about...

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kannattaakohan, messaged you through the forum a few days ago (in case you haven't logged in recently).

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no solution? will I have to endure this useless window every time I boot PS?

I unchecked sync files and start at login in Creative Cloud preference. Any result. Very boring and upsetting issue

Schermata 2018-05-24 alle 17.34.05.png

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many years after, and the situation has only worsened, this is the actual list of items loaded at startup despite I've disabled launch at startup option:

Adobe Startup.jpg

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@juvelez

You don't have it disabled at startup.  Your screen shot shows it as Enabled

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right place to disable startup loading should be the Creative Cloud App preferences, not OS startup control, if you force the app to does not load anything at start up using any method like msconfig or CCleaner or whatever, the Creative Cloud app stops working normal, and in some cases must be reinstalled to restore its functionality.

Despite I have disabled everything on Creative Cloud App preferences, all startup stuff still there:

Dropbox - Desktop 2018.04.10 - 19.17.05.04.mp4

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable adobe services from startup permanently in the "Services" app. Type "services" in the search bar without the quote, click on services that appear, when services opened up, everything is there to disable, just be careful, everything that says adobe can be disabled, Double click on each, change startup type from "automatic" to "disabled". Those greedy people at Adobe will never tell you this.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am annoyed as heck seeing all the unnecessary Adobe processes running in the background for no reason.

I don't want the Sync Core. I don't want all the extra features. I don't want the Cloud stuff. I want a simple Photoshop and Lightroom. I am not interested in syncing images to iOS or whatever.

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

You could try uninstalling everything using your o/s install command,

then downloading & running the Adobe Cleaner Tool

then rebooting your computer

then downloading & installing just what you want from the CC 2018 direct links.

You don't necessarily have to have the Creative Cloud app installed in order to run Photoshop, et al. But if you do that, then yes, you will lose integrated online and cloud-based services.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ProDesignTools, with direct download, how do I register them? Or it still uses online for checking registration?

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation works just the same, online. It isn't different software, just a different delivery.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I found this thread. I have a Macbook Pro and here's what Activity Monitor shows at complete idle, except Activity Monitor and SnapDragon screen capture software (look below at snapshots). CC never bothered me before checking this out. Being this is a laptop, I don't want my system doing anything it doesn't need to.

My solution was to remove com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist & com.adobe.GC.Invoker-1.0.plist from /Library/LaunchAgents. Core Sync still runs in the background but the others do not. Next I dragged CreativeCloud.app to the dock so I can still use it to switch accounts. And I need to to change accounts sometimes. The Creative Cloud app is in an obscure place...WHY? From top menu, Go/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/ACC/Creative Cloud.

Now, when I need to switch accounts, I click on CC in the dock. If you want to try it, It's easy to do and undo by putting the plists back in LaunchAgents.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting really bored of this now.

Adobe, you do not own my PC, I do... so at startup I don't want a single one of your processes running, because they actually do affect performance when I am trying to do other things.

Now I've just spent a really boring hour trying to persuade Win10 to let me own my own folder that I have paid them for just to get rid of Skype.

I'm not even going to attempt to stop the Adobe startup stuff. I mean, I've disabled ALL the startup stuff of Adobe's in Task Manager, but obviously when I did that I didn't REALLY want all those processes to not run at startup. Obviously Adobe and MS know better, and my qualifications in ICT are meaningless... forget about the fact that it's MY COMPUTER.

Oh look, a restart with Adobe instructed not to run anything at startup... yet there's at least 6 processes.

My question is this... when I ask my computer to run only essential services at startup why is there ANY Adobe stuff running at all? My PC worked before I installed CC, so clearly not one single file of Adobe's is required to run my PC... so why can you not just let the paying CLIENT decide when they are going to use your product. Until that moment happens your files are NOT welcome to run as part of my OS.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mekling,

some of these processes are required for Adobe to - for example - verify that you legally own Adobe software.
Others are required for Creative Cloud services.

If you wish to not have any Adobe processes running when starting up your computer, then there are a few
possible ways to deactivate those:

• Task Manager - open it up and look under the tab "Startup"
  • Startup Apps management panel (Windows 10’s April 2018 Update or higher) - follow this guide
  • msconfig.exe - follow this guide (it says "Windows 7, Vista, or XP", but it still works under Windows 10)

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Maurice

Best Regards, Maurice

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree my system runs incredibly slow due to this on start up.   Why can't these services just launch AFTER start up or when you are using any of the products.   Instead my 3 systems take forever to startup due to the Adobe services.  

I AGREE this is NOT resolved 

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC acts as a malware software, infiltrates cpu usage by scanning your computer actvitity so they harvest information from your computer directly to their service for analysis for their own AI tech. AI programs are now part of your computer without your consent. The answers of Adobe employees: Blabla it is part of the font system blabla there is integration. All corporate bs, those helpers are instructed to answer certain things, they got protocol. Adobe will never tell you why their programs are leaching your computers.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Team,

Sorry to say but your response is a non sense.

I have a Mac and all your apps are closed, however when looking at the System proceess I have identified the following running in the background:

https://community.adobe.com         

Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer 0.2      

AdobeCRDaemon     

AdobeCRDaemon     

AdobeIPCBroker       

Adobe Desktop Service         

com.adobe.acc.installer.v2    0

Adobe Installer

Core Sync

Core Sync Helper

CCXPRocess

CC Library

And I am pretty sure these are not the only ones that belongs to Adobe.

Can you STOP please slowing our systems and operating our computers without our consent and don't refer me back to the 500 pages user license.

If you do not, we as users have no other choice than shift to another software provider.

Regards

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I am done with Adobe and these terrible, awful staged repsonses in here. All just not caring, politically avoding the issues we raise. From the CC folder debacle still not fixed and the simple inability to make things easier for users. Expecting people to alter their registry to shut them up.

Today, by design, Adobe is now just a bloatware organisation, Adobe is now a spyware organisation, Adobe is designed to be rooted deep in the system and have elements by design, that are hard to remove.

I know you just could not care one bit, you have made that clear reading forums, but either fix it or you lose more and more clients every day. Your brand is now up there with Facebook, not trusted and in the toilet. Appalled and switching more and more away every day. 

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%. I have been using Adobe software for many years. Always the full suite. Support is now totally canned responses that do not address the issue. CC opens 16,000 background processes and cannot be stopped by removing it from startup. It just creates new instances like it owns my computer. I have a brand new Asus ROG laptop that might as well be a paperweight!

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is really annoying they are eating alot of ram and cpu usage.i have uninstalled all the adobe products becuase of that .These services should run only when you want to use some adobe products.

Adobe you need to fix this unless you lose a lot of customers

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that everyone should do this, but in Windows I removed entries in the registry that allowed startup. I won't provide too detailed a step-by-step on how to do this. I believe the use of things like this should be for those that understand the risks and are willing to do the very little research it takes to do this.

Registry locations to find startup items (check both)...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run  (Used by applications installed for ALL USERS)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I also created a batch script to kill Adobe processes that are running in the background - I can double click my batch file and bye bye Adobe background processes. Example kill command: taskkill /f /im adobe_executable.exe

I truly despise any product that doesn't allow me to fully control when and how it runs. Ridiculous that I have to do this, but I choose what runs on my systems, not Adobe, Microsoft, etc.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you care to share the batch script? Would be great to kill them all....

And @Adobe, currently I'm running 42(!) background processes that are all related to your services... This is criminal.... Update your spamware creative cloud, it's a terrible app that creates so much spam.....

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I had the same issue here as well, within a day of downloading just four of their programs my computer's RAM and Disk was running near 100%. I have an Intel Core  i7 and 12 gb of ram so I was quite surprised to see it that high until I went into task manager only to find 30 different Adobe apps commandeering my computer. It took me forever to close the background processes but what I found is if you're using Windows OS, you need to go to task manager and target the Adobe desktop app. Once you kill that, it makes it easier to kill all the other Adobe process. Hope you have good luck with closing that pesky processes! 

Translate

Translate