• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Querie

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to uninstall CC and reinstall all the apps on a drive other than C?
My C drive is desperately short of space but I have a spare drive that I can install if I can move some programs to it.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Whitbywoof and Darmstrong, I am sorry but Error Code 120 indicates that there is insufficient disk space on the drive.  Even if you have another drive/partition the download and install process will still require sufficient disk space to complete the download and install process.  Also shared components will be installed on the same drive/partition that contains the operating system.

Please clean up space on the primary drive/partition or use a different computer to install the Adobe CC applic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can install all the apps you want on any other drive of your choice.

All you have to do is uninstall CC and then while installing it when it gives you the choice for the path of installing the program files you can choose the path of, for instance, D:user/program/files/... instead of C:program/files/...

Know that this is possible with any app of your choice. But you need to know that you cannot alter the folders and their content or else your apps would not run properly.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never got an option to choose an alternative drive.  Is there some other solution or a way to force the choice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - that's why I asked. I tried it this morning and when I clicked on INSTALL it started the installation straight away without offering any options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I don't get a solution to this I'll have to get a refund on the product.  I can't use it this way.

With an earlier version I tried to move the installation file to my E:\ drive, but that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening the CC desktop app and opening the "Settings" (gear icon) in the upper right corner.  There is allows a redirection of the install, but when I tried to install, I get an error 101 message and the option to retry.  Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try once I've installed the extra hard drive over the weekend. 
watch this space!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried rebooting after the above change and got a failed install.  Error code 120

Really need input from Adobe 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whitbywoof and Darmstrong, I am sorry but Error Code 120 indicates that there is insufficient disk space on the drive.  Even if you have another drive/partition the download and install process will still require sufficient disk space to complete the download and install process.  Also shared components will be installed on the same drive/partition that contains the operating system.

Please clean up space on the primary drive/partition or use a different computer to install the Adobe CC applications on.  For more information on Error 120 see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines