Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC does not start.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC does not start.

I had LR 5.7 not Cloud, so I installed LR 5 Cloud and had 2 pcs. LR 5 on the machine. Then I got the opportunity to update the LR CC, but it would not start after update, comes a flash then it is gone.

I Rebooting the computer, and deleted LR 5 and uninstalled CC and installed again without help.

What is wrong?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me. Win 7 users should definately try this prior to contacting Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows7

Lightroom CC starts but hangs.

Logging in and ouf of Adobe CC didn't work.

I still can not run it under my user account, but i can start it when i log in as an other user.

Really strange.

I delete all things under /User/Roaming/Adobe,... but this also didn't help.

As said, i can only start is on an different account. (Admin or normal user, both work)

Hopefully someday i can use it on my normal account.

Hope this helps Adobe to solve the problem and give us feedback how to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have stated but perhaps not quite clearly,

You probably need to log out of Creative Cloud and then try to launch Lightroom CC. You will be prompted to log back in to Creative Cloud.

I rebooted and whatnot and nothing else worked until I logged out of Creative Cloud. Ran LRCC after I logged out and I was prompted to log in and things worked after that.

Good luck.

TJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TJ, It's not obvious from the comments that this might have done the trick. What is obvious is that just because we shell out money every single month to maintain a privilege of having access to the latest updates, we won't necessarily have that given to us unless we do our own trouble shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree.   This update/upgrade has been a 100% mess.   Adobe should be ashamed to let this out the door, and more ashamed that we have to solve our own problems.
I finally got it to start (Windows 8.1), but then I get "server busy / retry " messages for about 5 minutes after that.   Still broke in my opinion, but I'm going to just forget

about Lightroom for a month and see if they figure out how to fix it.   Way too frustrating to spend my hours this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logout and login works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the problem of Lightroom CC refusing to start

I have a high end Dell laptop running Windows 7 Professional.  LR 5 worked fine, but updated cloud app and now only Photoshop works.  

It seems that the Creative Cloud app MIGHT have installed a 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit maybe.

I've un-installed & reinstalled 5 times but no joy.

It seems to be Adobe's default stance to blame the user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue too! unfortunately rebooting uninstalling have not worked either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines