• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Big Sur [was: Sierra] and Photoshop Lightroom 6 Installer "No Longer Available"

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Please!

Lightroom 6 no longer has customer support. They referred me to the community for answers.

I bought a new MacBook Air which runs on MacOS Sierra straight out of the box.  I went to install using my account download links and it says: "Lightroom 6 -- This installer is no longer available"

Someone please give me a clear answer on how I can use my current product on my new computer. Apparently even the new subscription Lightroom will not run on my system. 😞 

Please, some answers!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Try https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

I presume you bought a refurbished Mac with Sierra installed? Sierra is a very old operating system.

You can upgrade (for free) to at least Catalina from Sierra if your Mac hardware is compatible.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT211683

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

I presume you bought a refurbished Mac with Sierra installed? Sierra is a very old operating system.

You can upgrade (for free) to at least Catalina from Sierra if your Mac hardware is compatible.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT211683

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake, I have Big Sur version 11.0

I have tried the prodesigntools link, there's no solution there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the prodesigntools link, there's no solution there.

By @Vivianne121

Not sure what you mean. The Lightroom 6 download link is there. So the installer can be downloaded.

Screenshot below:

lightroom-6-download-link.png

However, since you have Big Sur installed, you will not be able to install or run Lightroom 6 at all since Lightroom 6 is not compatible with Big Sur. This is due to technical limitations introduced in Big Sur by Apple. Nothing to do with Adobe.

The only version of Lightroom you can install on Big Sur is the current subscription version. So you'll have to subscribe to a Cloud plan to use Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is terrible! Man, what a bummer. I'm not interested in a subscription service, guess I'm out of luck on this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines