• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie to CC, (Use CS6) need help with multiple computer question

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the "designated CC mentor" for a team of students. We have a FIRST Robotics team license. Have not installed yet. We are doing projects all-remote now, so I would like to install CC on both of my own computers, for ease. I would like to transfer one of these installs to a student/team computer once we are meeting in person. Can I do that? Can you uninstall on one computer and reinstall on another computer without an issue? I have used CS6 for ages, but CC is new to me. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I going to have trouble using my CS6 if I install CC? I can't afford to lose CS6, as my license to CC is through an organization, and that may end, while my CS6 is my own, permanent copy that I use all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dfldesign,

I moved your question from Using the Community (forums) to Download & Install.

Keeping in mind that Creative Suite is discontinued and no longer supported, you may keep using it on up to 2 devices for as long as those devices can support it (home/office, laptop/desktop).  However, you may NOT share your individual license with other users.

Creative Cloud software installs in a separate computer directory from Creative Suite.  So in theory, you may use CS and CC software side-by-side but it's best to use only one because conflicts can occur. 

If/when your Creative Cloud subscription ends, you may remove it with the Adobe Cleaner tools and re-install Creative Suite.  But some  features in CC software are not backwards compatible with 9 year old Creative Suite and vice versa. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines