• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC opens and then closes immediately. What gives?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed up for the Photoshop CC and Lightroom package. Lightroom is running fine (Lightroom 5.2, 64-bit, Windows 7).

However, although Photoshop seemed to install OK, when I open it, it immediately shuts down.

When I look in Creative Cloud manager, it says Photoshop CC is "up to date".

Uninstalled Photoshop CC, logged out of Creative Cloud, logged back in again, and re-installed Photoshop CC.

Installation appeared to go OK. I started PS, window opened, and immediately closed. Was asked to complete registration by logging with my Adobe ID. I did (had done so previously but went rhough it again) but PS still crashes.

Signed out of Creative Cloud; signed back in again; PS still crashes, but a pop-up appeared stating that I should complete my registration by signing in with my Adobe ID. Did so, again.

Rebooted. Still no success.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

There's a fix!

Un-install Photoshop CC.

Un-install Adobe CC.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and find SLCache and delete it.

Go to: C:\ProgramData\Adobe and find SLStore and delete it.

Restart.

Install Adobe CC.

Install Photoshop.

Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I even done a full clean re-install of Window 8.1. Pro and still have issues with PS & LR opening and auto shutting down. Adobe has some big problems with CC - AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what other option do we have its cc or nothing 😕

event viewer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone read that idk what it means ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now, I have the EXACT same problem. Friday night, I doubt tech support is open even. But worse than that, its a common problem it seems.

Who's solution is the best one here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0. Photoshop CC 2014 crashes every single time it starts (Windows 8 64bit)

Solution that worked for me:

1. Follow Jman2000's instructions to move sniffer to desktop

2. Photoshop now opens...

3. Create a new file, eventually crashes...

4. Open again and it finally figures out there is a display driver problem and turns off hardware acceleration

Long story short. It was a problem with my video card drivers.

The bad news:

I updated to the very latest Nvidia drivers and still can't have hardware acceleration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news:

Hardware acceleration solved from this post:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop_cc_crushed_on_nvidia_gt_540m

"The issue seems to be caused by NVIDIA Optimus (GPU switching). I resolved it by using the NVIDIA Control Panel and changing the graphics processor to the processor that wasn't selected (Do this via NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings, Program Settings tab). Currently, I have the "Integrated graphics" (Intel 3000) selected, but Adobe's GPU sniffer tells me the 540m is being used by Photoshop CC and Preferences -> Performance shows the same."

Basically change this to always be your graphics card. Then turn back on hardware acceleration in Photoshop and no more crashes and great performance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

video card driver update fixes the problem better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did but still the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and none of the solutions work. How is it possible that Adobe software stops working just out of the blue? How can always the only solution be to uninstall everything and install all back? It's a hell of a waste of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed everything you said but this still doesnt work 😞 I don't understand why everytime I open photoshop it closes after loading up all files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact situation with Lightroom, can someone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

uninstall including preferences, then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines