• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Student Lightroom 5.1 - The serial code that you entered is invalid

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Lightroom on Amazon several years back and used it without issue on my old computer. I tried to download to my new computer and entered the serial number provided to me by Adobe Help (who looked it up from my last registration) and then received an error code that said: "The serial code that you entered is invalid."

Please advise!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Thanks for the update, Zoeb7966359!  I reviewed the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum, and I see that you have an educational license for Lightroom 5.  This means that you will need to use the installation files that were provided with your purchase.  An education license for Lightroom 5 also came with a special version of the installation files that will work with that serial number.

Please locate the installation files that were provided with your purchase.  If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Could you please let us know on how many computers have you installed the version of Lightroom you purchased from Amazon?

Please have a look at this article for more information related to this error: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/invalid-revoked-serial-numbers.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is the second computer I have tried to install Lightroom on (it installed fine on the first computer). 

I have read that article but am just directed to purchase another copy of Lightroom. I tried contacting Amazon (from whom I purchased it initially) and they said only Adobe can resolve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoeb79663539, what version of Lightroom are you attempting to install?  Are you using the installation files that were provided with your purchase?

Please see the following documents for more information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's version 5. I was downloading from a link provided to me from Adobe support and with my serial number as provided to me from Adobe support.

They sent me an installer to download and then emailed me my serial code (as my old computer on which I originally downloaded it is dead, so I can't access Lightroom on it to get the #). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the ORIGINAL download you got at the time of purchase? Or downloading again? Are you downloading exactly the same version you originally paid for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm downloading onto a new computer. Adobe Support provided me the link to download so assume it was the exact same version I purchased (they confirmed what version it was before sending me the link).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Zoeb7966359!  I reviewed the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum, and I see that you have an educational license for Lightroom 5.  This means that you will need to use the installation files that were provided with your purchase.  An education license for Lightroom 5 also came with a special version of the installation files that will work with that serial number.

Please locate the installation files that were provided with your purchase.  If the current computer does not have an optical drive, then use a computer that does to copy the installation files, or look into purchasing an external optical drive.

For more information, see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines