• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The "Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended" is empty (ERROR 151 with CC)

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

impossible to install Photoshop, it fails at 8%. I still can't exit the ERROR 151 after trying this 4 times :

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 
And

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error151

Exit Code: 151
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s) 
FATAL: Error (Code = 151) executing in command 'CreateMacAliasCommand' for package: 'AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul', version:1.1.4
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul Version: 1.1.4). Error code: '151'
WARN: Unable to delete file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended". 

When I look into > Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended, the file is EMPTY.

Would you have other suggestions please? I am really bothered to pay for a service that doesn't work (photography suite)... Lightroom and Bridge are OK. 
Many thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete that folder and retry uinstalling.

if you see that error message (exit code 151) carefully note if a different directory is cited and, if so, delete that and reinstall.

p.s.  make sure you're using the cc desktop app to install your ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It didn't work.

I wasn't looking in the good file. Then I found it but I couldn't delete anything.
I first had to disable the "SIP" in the rescue terminal to be able to delete anything into ColorSync (system file) because the file was blocked.

Then I was able to delete the "recommended" file!
And now Photoshop works!
I hope it will help other people 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines