Copied

I bought a new computer and cant transfer my CS5 to my new computer

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

NOTE - Adobe has removed ALL public download links for installs and updates
-links are ONLY available to someone who purchased a download from Adobe
-CS6 (and earlier) are no longer sold or supported by Adobe, and no authorized
-vendor has copies to sell... not by disc, and not by download of an installer
The Adobe employee who advises volunteer helpers (I am one) said this on 12-18-2019
"Adobe employees will no longer be engaging with Creative Suite customers to provide support via chat, phone, or social media"
That means that you will not be given a download link by contacting customer support
For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor
When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to at least one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transfer CS5 from old computer to new computer

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new computer and cant transfer my CS5 to my new computer

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

The Adobe employee who advises volunteer helpers (I am one) said this on 12-18-2019
"Adobe employees will no longer be engaging with Creative Suite customers to provide support via chat, phone, or social media"
That means that you will not be given a download link by contacting customer support
For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 04, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the cs5 installation files and your cs5 serial number.

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do now? I'm totally confused. Why cant you simply download

CS5 for me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2016 0
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You download CS5 for yourself onto your local computer and install it.

1. Download from Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products
  2. Install
  3. Enter your serial number
  4. Done

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2016 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your new computer... specifically, what is the operating system?

IF Mac El Capitan read below

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated to run on Mac El Capitan

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems

-you may get CS6 and earlier programs to install and run, or you may not (some do, some don't)

-Java https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/dreamweaver-java-se-6-runtime.html may help

Install CS5 on Mac 10.11 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2003455 may help (also for other than CS5)

-also a TEMPORARY security change https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2039319

-http://mac-how-to.wonderhowto.com/how-to/open-third-party-apps-from-unidentified-developers-mac-os-x...

-and more on gatekeeper https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202491

IF Windows 10 read below

Cloud & Win10 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Windows_10_compatibility_FAQ.html

-also, only CURRENT products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-so if you have an older program, you update to Windows 10 at YOUR risk of problems

-you may get CS6 and earlier programs to install and run, or you may not (some do, some don't)

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2016 0
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how does me having cs5 help you?

you need to download and install the cs5 installation files.  ie, click the appropriate link in message 1 and install the programs you want and for which you have a license.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2016 0
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you familiar with how to download and install software on a Windows computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links are dead.It says that Adobe no longer support CS5 and thus, removed all their files. 

I really need to install CS5 and Its frusturating because I cant find the software anywhere.

Thanks, Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use your original disc's to install on new computer BUT you must have a license with available room for the new computer.  Usually you can call adobe to get a update to your license to allow this.  But I haven't tried this since Adobe has gone to a new policy on Photoshop.

Good Luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the files if it helps.  You'll still need a license key.  Do you have one?  I'm pretty sure Adobe still has the link too, even if those ones from 5 years ago are dead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0