• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Install PhotoShop to my SSD (E) Drive instead of default (C)

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Far I did try... From the App

File- Preferences - Install Location- Changed to (E) Created a folder called Adobe Apps

Also tried Programs/Adobe Photoshop 2021

In both cases the Install Fails with Insufficient Disk Space error 120.

The (E) drive is an internal SSHD with 807 GB free.

Also Tried my (D) Drive to Programs folder that has 931GB free with same results.

My (C) drive is operating system only with no additional space.

Any new ideas? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, I am sorry, but you will need to free up additional space on the C drive.  The drive/partition that contains the operating system is used for temporary files during the download and install process. The drive is also used to store shared components used by multiple Adobe applications.

As a rule of thumb, you want to have at least as much free space on the drive containing the operating system as twice the installed RAM on the computer.  Running the computer with insufficient disk space can lead to unexpected errors or performance challenges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Jeff's answer, even if you install the program on a different drive, parts of the program will be installed on the drive with the operating system. It is imperative to have free space on C. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines