• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update: Error U44M1P15 and Error 5

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to Update (Photoshop CC, for example) I'm either getting error 5 or error U44M1P15. I have de-installed apps more than one time already ... basically, I had to de-install about 5 times within the last 12 months. Since I'm not planning to re-install all apps with every second update, I'd appreciate an answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Binnen_72 which operating system are you using?  Also what specific update are you trying to apply?  To locate the root cause of the error you are experiencing I would recommend reveiwing your installation log files.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation log files at Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CC - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html.  If you can please post any errors you discover I would be curious to see the errors you are experiencing. 

I would ask that you please do not post the entire log file.  It is very difficult to view in a forum post and only the error messages and their surrounding text is relevant to why your update is failing typically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

operating system: osx 10.7.5

what update: photoshop CC (creative cloud app says there´s an update, no details though)

from the logs (hope that helps):

02/19/14 22:05:47:555 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 33475 | ERROR: ASU has quit unexpectedly.

02/19/14 22:05:47:555 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 33475 | ERROR: Media DB Error : 18

02/19/14 22:05:47:555 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 33475 | Exit Code: 15 - Media DB Sync failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks unfortunately the posted error is not conclusive.  If you are still facing difficulties applying the update then please contact our support team directly.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm the Ps version from Ps->Help->System Info and provide us with the following logs.

PS Installer logs

For Mac:

Library\Logs\Adobe\Installer

For Win:

Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

You can zip all the files together and send us through mail. This would help us in finding the root cause.

Appreciate your help. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Ashutosh

asnigam@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for future reference:

I've chatted with the support-team for about one hour. solution: uninstall/reinstall everything! ... with every single update, I have to re-install all adobe applications ... I can´t believe that I actually spend money for buggy software like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand your concern, Please share the required files and  we will try to find the root cause and provide you with a permanent solution.

Do let me know if you use and disk cleaner or optimization software.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no disk cleaner or optimization software.

ps version: 14.1.2 x64

log-files to asnigam@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines