Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Photoshop etc. without Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've recently purchased a license, but never really had interest in using the cloud, so I installed PS and Lightroom with CC and used the uninstaller online to get rid of CC. (Along with throwing the remaining Adobe Creative Cloud Experience in the bin.)
Now my question is: Will I be able to keep using PS and Lightroom without issues? I know it probably won't be able to update, but will it be able to verify the license etc. without issues?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

I think you have purchased the photographer plan with Lightroom and PhotoShop. The usage of the Creative Cloud is not mandatory, but you must have access to the internet to verify the validity of the license. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have purchased the photographer plan with Lightroom and PhotoShop. The usage of the Creative Cloud is not mandatory, but you must have access to the internet to verify the validity of the license. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.
I've installed the software with CC and then uninstalled CC.
I do have internet access, so if it will keep validating withing CC installed, great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say CC, do you mean the Cloud Desktop app?

I‘ve seen no issues with running the software when the desktop app is uninstalled but I also do not see the point in uninstalling it. It’s how the frequent software updates and upgrades are delivered which is one of the main benefits of running Cloud software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't see any upside in removing CC Desktop App.  That's how I access older versions of Photoshop, etc, my Adobe fonts, my specialty brushes and other add-ons as well as my 20 GB of Creative Cloud Space.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just create a ton of incredibly annoying background processes. Telling the program to stop running on startup doesn't stop it from doing just that, and there are some weird activity monitoring programs that go with it (IPC Broker). Bloatware imho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Axel+Matt  wrote

...each 90 days...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prakkies  wrote

never really had interest in using the cloud, so I installed PS and Lightroom with CC and used the uninstaller online to get rid of CC.

Does it work? So why asking a question?

”The cloud” just provides additional services. If you do not want that, get rid of that. Or simply ignore that. Well at least Adobe fonts are usefull. Cloud space also, when you want exchanging data with other people.

Leave it, take it. it’s yours, it’s free...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me who only want to have Photoshop it is very annoying to be forced to use Creative Cloud. It takes a lot of computer resouces and is a very cumbersome way to get the updates to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same...Creative Cloud have a lot of issues and bugs... Every time a dialogue pops up that says "Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged. You can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp" and gives two options, 'quit' or 'repair'.  Before the installation i take all the time to cleand files and everything with Adobe Cleaner and nothing happens... same problem. So...if i can keep only Photoshop and pay my suscription, WHY i need to keep CC??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines