• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When reinstalling CC, Do I trash old apps on my HD or are they updated by installation process?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I let my creative cloud license lapse for work. Now the apps don't work. I've purchased the license again through my job. When I install the apps, should I first trash the existing apps on my hard drive or will the installation use those existing apps on my hard drive and merely update them?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query here.

Since you have now purchased a Subscription again, you may simply Sign in to the Creative Cloud app or Individual Apps and they will give you the Option for Updating to the latest version and you may Update them. There is no need to Uninstall the existing Apps first and then re-install the Apps. 

Hope this helps.

Have a great day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  I'll try that.

You have a great day too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines