Where to ask this ??? [Adobe Portfolio project]

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there guys, so i have a question about what type of software to use, on a project that i want to try and make. The project is basicaly my website portfolio, i dont have one and think i should have one, i dont realy know much about website making so i would be using the platform of adobe porfolio that make the website for me i only need the to do the visual aspect of it, and thats more my area.

So i came up with the idea of having on the home page a sort of interactive animation or video thats the thing dont realy know if it will be possible to do. The idea is basicaly as soon as the page loads ... a sort of loading screen apear on a black with a incandescent white jumping arround on a cool patern to be determined, after it would some crazy looking beast with tones of blue and white on a black background having also some of its head forms to give more impact, then a subltle text cloud ither above or on the sides of it with some text has if the beast is talking to the visitor, and at the end of it all cliking ither a button or the nose of said beast to realy start exploring the site. I dont realy know if i should call this idea a interective animation or half video half animation, cuz honestly i have some crazy ideas but i dont have any kind of a clue on how capitalize on them so im kinda asking if someone can help me sort what kind of software to use.

regards ASilva

PS: Please let me know if im asking this on the wrong place, thanks.

Topics

Download and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you examine this example site built with Portfolio, The masthead contains 2 looped, animated GIFs.  I think that's close to what you want.

https://goodog.tv/

Use Illustrator to create your vector artwork and After Effects to animate and export to animated GIF. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Rick_Gerard's correct answer below.  His recommendations are spot on.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/hello-i-am-trying-to-export-gif-from-after-effects-with...

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines