• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which is latest version of Audition: CS6 or CC?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is difference between the two? A chat support person seemed to talk in circles stating that CC is latest version, replacing CS6 and with a subscription for cloud storage. But when I said I want latest version but do not want any monthly bills or subscriptions, s/he said the latest version still includes CS6 and CC if I don't have any subscription. Didn't seem to make any sense to me.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is the latest standalone retail version, but is of course technically superceded by CC. CS6 products are also available to all CC customers as an option, if they need it for whatever reason. For technical details ask in the AU forum.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. That leads me to feel like (since I don't buy subscription software) I'd be purchasing "yesterday's" version if I got CS6, missing out on important and exciting features (if what I've heard is true, that CC has additional features beyond just cloud storage).

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you will be buying "yesterday's" version if you get CS6. That's how Adobe wants you to perceive it.

CC is the next major version of Audition after CS6 but CC is only available via subscription.

It's your choice whether CS6 does everything you need it to or whether you need the new and exciting features offered in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines