• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I buy Adobe CC direct from your website?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genuinely asking why I cannot buy Adobe Creative Cloud​ in Kenya (Africa) online. The resellers are offering it at roughly $1250 and for the web bundle $556. And its supposed to be a one time payment. Why can't I subscribe to a monthly plan online? I have the money...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Adobe only offers subscriptions in a narrow selection of countries. For everyone else, resellers are the only choice - and the prices they charge are usually higher because they know you have no alternative.

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/creativecloud/cc/pdfs/cc-availability-matrix.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only offers subscriptions in a narrow selection of countries. For everyone else, resellers are the only choice - and the prices they charge are usually higher because they know you have no alternative.

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/creativecloud/cc/pdfs/cc-availability-matrix.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesnt answer the question why. The software works the same in all countries. So why???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not talk about why they only sell in certain countries. In a very small number of cases it is due to international trade sanctions, but for the rest it will be things like cost of local tax compliance, high rates of credit card fraud, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are Amazon, Google, Microsoft etc customers using the same payments infrastructure that Adobe would be using to serve us anyway. It makes no sense. All it does is create a market for black market software which will, in the end, make it very difficult for Adobe to enter this market. They should ask Microsoft how licenses for Windows worked out for them.

It is a royal crying shame, that's what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support you fully here. I bought an Office 365 subscription. No issues! This is a real business opportunity lost by Adobe. You'd expect them to be ahead of the curve but... How disappointing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should do something about this. As already pointed out, we are willing to pay for this service same way users from the ”allowed regions” are. The Kenya market is mature now as we are already purchasing individual subscriptions from Microsoft et et cetera. Do something about this Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so dissapointed about a couple years back when Adobe allowed me the 30day free trial and when I was ready to buy a subscription, they told me NO! Why then allow me the free trial anyway? I was ready to pay for the suite and very eager at that. Is it a case where they are trying to keep artists in a certain region of the world (the first world as they call it) ahead of the curve thus trying to keep us in relative poverty creatively and financially? What's the sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very correct, they're trying to suppress us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2020 and still "Not Allowed" in your region!!! What is wrong with these people!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines