• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24 Ways, and other items.

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those forum users who may have forgotten 24 ways are back, with their advent calendar for web developers.

https://24ways.org/

Also to move a much discussed topic away from user questions, I thought the following article from 'A List Apart' may be worthy of discussion -

(read or watch the video)

https://alistapart.com/event/web-typography-layout-past-present-future

What always interests me about many of the topics in the 'list apart' articles. is that like this forum there are those for and against most things, and the fact that others are discussing them shows that using them is controversial, and the arguments are not exclusive to just this forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

For those forum users who may have forgotten 24 ways are back, with their advent calendar for web developers.

https://24ways.org/

Also to move a much discussed topic away from user questions, I thought the following article from 'A List Apart' may be worthy of discussion -

(read or watch the video)

https://alistapart.com/event/web-typography-layout-past-present-future

What always interests me about many of the topics in the 'list apart' articles. is that like this forum there are those for and against most things, and the fact that others are discussing them shows that using them is controversial, and the arguments are not exclusive to just this forum.

I see Jeffery sets his default budget requirements at $100k - $500k on his website - I guess 'Grannies Homemade Great Tasting Chocolate Chip Cookies' wont be requiring his services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

I see Jeffery sets his default budget requirements at $100k - $500k on his website - I guess 'Grannies Homemade Great Tasting Chocolate Chip Cookies' wont be requiring his services

I would not even consider a budget of $100k, and the costs for my services would be extra .

What many forget though, and Jeffery, (+others I know) probably look at a new project taking 1-2 years, before the 1st public release goes live, after that the monitoring and anylitics take place, which can last an indeterminate length of time.

It is not that the cost is excessive, more that the time frame, assets and requirements involved is often much more than that of the 'typical' site development, involving just 1-3 people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

osgood_   wrote

I would not even consider a budget of $100k, and the costs for my services would be extra .

Me neither, for different reasons. Im not so sure I agree with all the monitoring and analytics. I never used to like the bullshite marketing agencies charged for to be honest. Most of what they charge for is common sense - I dont need to be invoiced 10 grand to tell me black food packaging is very bad and red can convey a feeling of anger, green envy - stating the bloody obvious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

osgood_  wrote

Me neither, for different reasons. Im not so sure I agree with all the monitoring and analytics. I never used to like the bullshite marketing agencies charged for to be honest. Most of what they charge for is common sense - I dont need to be invoiced 10 grand to tell me black food packaging is very bad and red can convey a feeling of anger, green envy - stating the bloody obvious

Monitoring and analytics, are used to analyse how users are using a site, if they are reading or watching the information presented, or cannot find what they are looking for, (and why if possible).

These days such programs are not, (or should not) be used just out of 'curiosity', but serve a specific purpose, otherwise any results are a complete waste of time and effort, (not to mention money).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines