• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

36 replies only 27 showing

LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the thread below only show 27 replies when it says there are 36?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/changing-logo-on-menu-activate/td-p/11324745?page=1

There certainly are more than 27 replies, the other 9, most of which are mine and 'reelheros' are just are not showing?

Explanation please if any moderator is awake and knows what they are doing (I know thats asking a lot but I live in hope)

EDITED:

After an hour of no response I'll take it that all the moderators are either on holiday, gone AWOL or have zero idea what is going on.  The third suggestion would be my very best guess. No real surprise there then.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Educated guess:  There's a limit (don't ask me what it is) on how deep nested-threads can get before the system goes spastic.   I don't know where your other posts landed, sorry.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just nonsense. There are many posts with a deeper number of replies, which go over  2/3+ pages. This one just seemed to stop without creating the additional pages. The posts are obviously available, hence the 36 replies noted at the top of the thread. At least it should be investigated, no?

It's annoying that I had to type what was an extensive reply, 3 times. One to the original thread which was truncated at 27 posts, for no apparent  reason, other than your educated guess work. One to a new post which I created and was instantly deleted after 5 mins and never re-instated as requested and one to another new post created by the original OP of the question.

You seriously think that is helpful...no wonder DW and this forum is on its last legs because the people in charge are well, sorry to have to say, basically useless at their jobs and responsibilities. I havent seen Preran (if he is still around, who at least took some kind of interest) for months nor any other Adobe forum represenative come to that, who announced themsleves as a 'guiding light' and then immediately vanished, much like some of the forum posts do.

While were at it maybe whoever is in charge of the forum can have a look at the perfomance on mobile as well because that is about as useless as a fruit cake without the fruit - everytime you type into the response box it jumps all over the place.

Sorry to have to complain but someone has to otherwise everything is assumed alright when its quite clearly far from alright, there needs to be a lot of improvments in not only communication but usability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right of course but you're preaching to the choir.  I'm not alone when I say we (ACPs & MVPs) are blue in the face from complaining about the current forum system.  There's a long laundry list of complaints that have not been addressed yet due in part to Covid, staff shortages and work-at-home orders.  Add to that the constant barrage behind the scenes by would-be hackers, scammers, spammers and bots which you rarely see. 

Imperfect, yes.  But these forums facilitate us helping a lot of people everyday.  Most questions are answered within 2-5 exchanges, not 20-30 as in the past.  Also most threads have only one correct answer.  But the OP, Todd, gave you multiple correct answers. That's what bots do and could be deemed suspicious behavior.

I don't pretend to know what went wrong & we may never know for sure.  But I don't believe that a forum moderator intentionally did anything to cause this.   Instead, I think it was a "perfect storm" scenario.  Regrettably, too many things occurred all at once resulting in some posts landing in the cornfield... 

I will alert the concerned team members when they return from vacation.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Thanks for the response, at least its just not me thinking it could be improved with a little bit more involvement and dedication from those that should really be around a bit more. Its not alright for a couple of new Adobe forum representative to introduce themselves with an all singing dancing band behind them then disappear as if they are part of some kind of kiddies magic trick.

Its time someone at Adobe started to get a grip or shut the bloody forums down. Either way I dont really care but if you are offering a forum service at least police it a bit more regualrly and those charged with sorting out issue should be seen and heard a bit more frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Osgood,

I'm trying to figure this out too. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

Ok, nice to know you're looking into it, thanks for your response. Always good to hear from someone at the 'nuts and bolts' end.

Os

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines