• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adapting a Bootstrap framework for differing mobile devices

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this project I'm working on based on an assignment from Dreamweaver in A Book chapter 7 Designing For Mobile Devices. I did the assignment but when I try to apply it to my project I'm hopelessly lost. Any recommendations on how I might get through this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

If you purchase Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book. (2018 Release)

There are several bonus-chapters that come with the book.  Lesson 13 and Lesson 14 are so helpful when learning bootstrap.

Peachpit: Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people

Happy coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Bootstrap?

Basically, Bootstrap is a 12 box grid system for making columns that fit on xs, sm, md, lg and xlg devices.  If you can count to 12, it's fairly simple to create a layout that works on all devices.

I don't know the book or the chapter to which you're referring.   I think the best way to learn Bootstrap is to read the documentation for the version you're using.  The latest version is 4.1

Bootstrap 4 Tutorial

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/getting-started/introduction/

DW CC has some Bootstrap Starter Templates you can use.   Go to File > New > Starter Templates.  Select Bootstrap, pick a layout and hit the Create button.  Save and name your your document.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you purchase Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book. (2018 Release)

There are several bonus-chapters that come with the book.  Lesson 13 and Lesson 14 are so helpful when learning bootstrap.

Peachpit: Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people

Happy coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines