• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Bootstrap to existing site

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no clue -- is there anyone available to add boot strap to existing site? Using Dreamweaver.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Dreamweaver forum from Get Started.

Making a good mobile-friendly website takes careful planning. You don't just add Bootstrap to an existing site. You re-build your site from the ground up with Bootstrap.  How good are you with HTML and CSS code?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant build a site from ground up -- I don't beileve that the only option!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't beileve that the only option!"

• Do you have any idea how Bootstrap works?  I do.
  • Have you done this before on multiple websites?  I have. 
  • Can you show us your existing site please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need somone elses advice ... thanks though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice would be to not use Bootstrap.

On the other hand, if you  are serious, why do you need to incorporate Bootstrap into assumably an already built or half built, existing website is the question.

If the existing website is NOT responsive then generally you need to re-write it from the ground up using Bootstrap or some other workflow. Trying to leverage in a framework or even using a conventional workflow to up date an out-dated website to make it responsive is usually not going to be worth the effort involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"If the existing website is NOT responsive then generally you need to re-write it from the ground up using Bootstrap or some other workflow. "

Exactly right.  Even done manually with Flexbox or Grids, a re-write of code and content to accommodate smaller devices is essential.  Not to mention the images, links and forms that have to be re-created for optimial use on touch screens.   So there is a lot more here than meets the untrained eye. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pity you used your email address as the screen name, this will surely benefit the undesirables who will make grateful use of it.

To your question: When I first started out using Bootstrap, I had to re-do my website to accomodate the framework. In other words, Nancy's reply is the correct one.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines