• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An easy way to use 'srcset' for your project.

Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Responsive Images with App Connect Lazy Load - YouTube and https://www.dmxzone.com/go/33319/app-connect-lazy-load for more info.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish they would get rid of the synthetic voice and hire a human.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, you haven't heard the worst yet. This is a series of tutorials that I made. My voice is terrible for this sort of thing so I had to choose a robot. For the sake of diversity, I chose a female voice. Have a listen:

22. Sort Images - YouTube

I can hear you laughing right here down under.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

For the sake of diversity, I chose a female voice. Have a listen:

I think it must have something to do with age Ben. A few years ago I did a couple of videos on the use of flexbox, and chose a male voice, (I thought it would sound more authoritarian).

We do things for the stranges reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since its being discussed, what method, workflow, or application do people commonly use to generate these sequenced narrative digital voices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one sounds better than most but I haven't used it.

Google launches more realistic text-to-speech service powered by DeepMind’s AI - The Verge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy OShea​, I have seen that. I fear Wavenet is one step closer to enabling Google Skynet to become self aware.

I've actually researched this topic previously, but thought some feedback in this thread may unravel a process or something I may have missed or not come across yet. Specially I am interested in sequenced digital voiceovers and how you sync with videos, including pauses and timing to match the video timing, without tons of fuss and manipulation. If something like that does exist?

BenPleysier​, what say ye?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  wrote

I am interested in sequenced digital voiceovers and how you sync with videos, including pauses and timing to match the video timing, without tons of fuss and manipulation. If something like that does exist?

Yeah, it's called post production.    I spend more time in post than I do recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was inquiring about automation amongst various available services and approaches. Perhaps this is yet to exist concerning timing with these synthetic voices. I understand manipulative layering of audio and video, but that does not fall under the category of "without tons of fuss and manipulation" that I mentioned.

But I am still interested to hear from others regarding "what method, workflow, or application do people commonly use to generate these sequenced narrative digital voices?". I remain intrigued by the topic as its so widely used. Maybe I will just have to write my own when needed with the SpeechSynthesis API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Camtasia, a UR242 steinberg interface, a beyerdynamic TG H56 TAN and a beyerdynamic DT-770... that is a very nice compromise and recording environment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't done a vid intro in a couple of years... but this is one we made with Camtasia Studio:

Responsive CSS Layout Builder for Dreamweaver

Note: I realize I am not in possession of the most classic voice, so no making fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was dumb of me. You were asking about robotic narration. Perhaps I do 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply.

I used Adobe Audition for the voice, SnagIt for the screen capture and Adobe Premiere Rush to tie it all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed input from everyone whom responded, every input was appreciated. Its clear then that these synthetic virtual digital voice over artists won't be upending traditional methods anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  wrote

Its clear then that these synthetic virtual digital voice over artists won't be upending traditional methods anytime soon.

It's very unfriendly in my opinion but then again instructional videos with music are just as annoying. If that's the only option its better than nothing of course but I believe it could damage the amount of views or full views and if views are part of your marketing strategy, leading to sales, it could damage those as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, there are always other things to consider beyond simply employing a robot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a throat mic with a voice synth. So there were no problems with syncing the voice with the video, as it was recorded 'live'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

I wish they would get rid of the synthetic voice and hire a human.

Too easy to do the lazy load thing with a few custom lines of jQuery but yeah a better voice over would I think be more endearing to potential users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have an automated tool that supports SRCSET (among other things), released last year and quite popular with our customers:

Responsive Images Toolkit for Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines