• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An offline update for Dreamweaver MX 2004

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very large website created on Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004. I have my own web host and my own domain. What would the best program be for me to buy that would be an update, but would accept all of my files as is? I am not interested in the Creative Cloud. Like I said, I already have my own web host and domain.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Your good old legacy software is 14 years out of date.  It lacks support for modern code standards -- HTML5, XML, SVG, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, PHP...

If you can't afford Creative Cloud, download Brackets.  It's free.

Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud is not web hosting.   Creative Cloud is merely the subscription model for using Adobe software.  There is no way to buy Dreamweaver except by subscription to a Creative Cloud plan.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

The software downloads and installs on your computer the same as before.  You save your work files to your computer drive the same as before.  The only difference is you can use it on Win, Mac or both.  And you have access to FREE updates & upgrades for as long as you remain a subscriber.  

Dreamweaver costs about USD  $20/month with a 12 month contract.   Or $30/month for the Month-To-Month plan which you can cancel anytime without penalty.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I don't see the purpose in paying for Creative Cloud. I think I will find a different way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no update for MX 2004.  It's too old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, but if the Creative Cloud is the answer, I will stick with the good old MX 2004

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your good old legacy software is 14 years out of date.  It lacks support for modern code standards -- HTML5, XML, SVG, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, PHP...

If you can't afford Creative Cloud, download Brackets.  It's free.

Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines