• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Dreamweaver templates a thing?

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just looking to make a portfolio for myself, and... while I have Dreamweaver, I'm not familiar with the program, nor with web design in general.  However, I am quite very familiar with other Adobe products.

Do templates exist?  Is my idea a viable route, to find a porfolio template and say just swap out images and text?  Would another route be better, like websites that cater specifically to modern portfolios?  

Thanks for any input!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Templates do exist in DW, but if you are not comfortable with coding your own site, you may be better suited looking into hosted solutions (ie: Wix, Squarespace, etc.) or if you want to have more control looking into a CMS may be your best option (ie: Wordpress, Drupal, etc.).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could look into using Adobe Portfolio along with Behance. It depends on what you're doing, but that's pretty much a drag and drop, swap out text and images sort of workflow, no programming or coding necessary.

https://portfolio.adobe.com

https://www.behance.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sweet, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jon.  What you don't know about web design & development would fill a college program.  Building websites from scratch even with starter templates is more work than most people realize. 

Adobe Portfolio is a free perk with your paid Creative Cloud plan.  It's a simple to use online site builder that includes free web hosting on Adobe's servers.  And best of all, PF ties in seamlessly with Creative Cloud, Lightroom & Behance. 

1. Choose a theme. 

2. Create some pages, add content.

3. Hit Publish button.

Your new site can be up and running in a few minutes.

Adobe Portfolio FAQ & Knowledgase

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines