Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap Collapse does not work.

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!
I need a lot of help on an issue that I found to be simple, but I could not solve it.
I'm creating a site in dreamweaver that has two bootstrap components. One is an accordion and the other is a button group. Both work with the page located on my computer. But it does not work on the server, even with all pages linked and uploaded.
I do not know what to do. Help me, if you can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Code validation errors might explain the problem.

Another possibility,  if your server is HTTPS (secure) and your assets are coming from non-HTTPS servers, browsers will block the non-secure content for security reasons.   It's best to avoid mixed content over secure servers.    Below is an online checker.

https://www.whynopadlock.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, this sounds like you have not uploaded the CSS and JS files, alternatively, these files have been uploaded to the wrong location.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ben. Sounds to me like you haven't uploaded the files to the remote server, or the path is wrong (make sure it doesn't say anything like C:\ or "Macintosh HD" in the path).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common issue for people who haven't defined a site before beginning the work on their project.  If a site hasn't been defined, then the src or href attributes typically begin with "file:///" in Windows (I don't know what it would be on a Mac.)  This path is accurate for the localhost,  but means nothing to the web server.  Check your code and see what all the src and href values are.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Code validation errors might explain the problem.

Another possibility,  if your server is HTTPS (secure) and your assets are coming from non-HTTPS servers, browsers will block the non-secure content for security reasons.   It's best to avoid mixed content over secure servers.    Below is an online checker.

https://www.whynopadlock.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines