• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Dreamweaver to make a website like WordPress?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am a Taiwanese. I am recently looking for a website solution.

I found a Chinese WordPress site. It looks like an easy solution.

However, I am really curious whether I can create a website with back-end like WordPress purely with Dreamweaver? Is it difficult?

Where can I start to learn or do research?

Thank you all,

Zheng

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is a tool to create code.  Tools don't build websites, people do. 

If you have the necessary skills to code in PHP/MySQL, HTML, CSS and JavaScript, you can build whatever you want.  If you can't code, use an online site builder like Wix, Webflow or WordPress.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

to go further than just quoting the names of the languages and techniques to be used... one must also be sensitive to the whole set of classes that will create, manipulate, organize, edit and display the data. starting with a system of exchanges and queries that is encrypted.

Beyond that, you have to think about the architecture you are going to deploy in terms of data structuring and the development model to be implemented (see concepts like MVC, SOA, MVP...)... but also and on the other hand you have to think about an approach concerning the administration of your CMS, (Decoupled CMS, Headless and so on...)

A CMS like Wordpress, is based on several years of experience and especially on a very active community which knew how to bring to this tool an architecture which allows him to remain evolutionary. And that's the key to keep in mind... Increment the system to allow it to evolve and adapt, without starting from scratch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines