• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code View isssues

Engaged ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I am leaving the decision for a long time: to change to a plain code editor, like Brackets, if not Nova, VSC or other. What happens with the server when we work with php? The pages do not update consistenly. Many times I hace to type `⌘+Y` to delete the cachè or preview the file on another browser that are more fresh to render what I have just saved.

I noticed that the server updates the LAST thing I just edited BUT NOT the previous one! which is really weird. How come DW or the server (Apche in MAMP) can update one thing selectively? Mostly I use the “real” browser to see with more accuracy the results of my code, BUT... soemtimes the live view offer better result.

That confusses me because I don‘t know if the render, the Apache or DW is failing? or i am coidng wrong. 

Does this problem happens with all code editors and local servers? Even with Sublime text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Brackets won't help you. 

1.  Brackets was not a PHP IDE.

2. Adobe stopped the Brackets project more than 1 year ago. It's no longer in active development.

You need an Integrated Development Environment or IDE that lets you write, compile, execute and debug code all from one convenient place. Below are PHP IDEs you should look at.

PHPStorm by JetBrains

https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/

Code Lobster:

https://www.codelobster.com/

MS Visual Studio Code + PHP Extensions

https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/languages/php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brackets won't help you. 

1.  Brackets was not a PHP IDE.

2. Adobe stopped the Brackets project more than 1 year ago. It's no longer in active development.

You need an Integrated Development Environment or IDE that lets you write, compile, execute and debug code all from one convenient place. Below are PHP IDEs you should look at.

PHPStorm by JetBrains

https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/

Code Lobster:

https://www.codelobster.com/

MS Visual Studio Code + PHP Extensions

https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/languages/php

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Dreamweaver is minimally maintained now, use it with eyes wide open alongside other coding tools that are in active development. See below for more details.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/bootstrap-5/m-p/14046967#M225831

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there are things I have to discover bt myself or get from ohers‘ knowledge or expertise. How do I know wht intentions have Adobe with DW at these days. Might be deprecarted soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know. 

Adobe doesn't communicate their intentions to users.  They do what they do when they decide to do it.

All we know is no new features are planned for Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing beats viewing and rendering under real conditions, with real browsers and device (various are preferable).

Here are a few links from our work database here at the studio. I haven't used them all, but see what comes up. :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temptations. I believed in Brackets. Facing more dificulties in PHP, I guess it‘s time to move on, ebenm when I see that Brackets has a extension for PHP Debugging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temptations. I believed in Brackets. Facing more dificulties in PHP, I guess it‘s time to move on, ebenm when I see that Brackets has a extension for PHP Debugging.

By @limakid2015

By far and away the most comprehensive editor for php developers is PHP STORM by jetbrains. Not sure how much it is per year these days, I get a good discount for being a subscriber for several years. Check it out if you are thinking of a change of editors for php development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, USD 99 a year personal license. For 2nd and 3rd year is lower price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, USD 99 a year personal license. For 2nd and 3rd year is lower price.

By @limakid2015

Yeah, that's an amazingly good price for an individual license in my opinion and it gets better in the second and third year. I think this company has got it right, they reward loyalty and set their prices at affordable levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines