• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & Paste using Win+v results in text being pasted twice

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Dreamweaver 21.2 15523 Build and Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.

When using Find and Replace in Code View, and pasting from the Clipboad History, the pasted text is duplicated.  i.e. the text is pasted twice.  Using the normal Ctrl+v results in the text being pasted once.

HOW TO REPRODUCE THE ERROR.

1. With a file open in Code View

2. Press Ctrl+F(Find in Current Document) or Ctrl+Shift+F to invoke Find and Replace in Files.

3 With the cursor in the Find field, press Win+v to display the Windows Clipboard History. 

4. Click an Entry from Clipboard History.

RESULTS:

The text from Clipboard History appears twice in the Find Field.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is great to see a real trouper appear in this forum. An Adobe member since 2006 and your maiden Dreamweaver post. This is the first time that I have seen a post that contains all of the relevant information.

Apologies, I got carried away. To answer your post, this does seem to be a bug in Dreamweaver. Unfortunately, Dreamweaver is in palliative care right now and I doubt that there will be a fix for this. 😢

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reasonably certain this one was brought up in the Uservoice bug report/feature request forum, before Adobe shut it down and pushed the traffic here after they announced DW would go into "minimally maintained" limbo. 

My copy of DW CC 21 has it, but the CC 2015 I use for production does not.

If you'd like to use a less discombobbled version of DW, you can download it from the ProDesignTools site (which use files on Adobe's servers) you just need to make sure to follow the "Very Important Instructions" given. Basically they just have you visit a page on Adobe's site to set a cookie so the links work. 

CC2015 is more stable and solid than CC 21 for me, under W10 Pro anyway.

You can get it here, the download is still available (just verified before posting): https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jon, I appreciate the information.  It is very disappointing to hear that Adobe has decided to place Dreamweaver in minimally maintained mode. 

Is it time to abandon Adobe? 

What is a good alternative to Dreamweaver? 

Have a blessed day,
Richard Wendrock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw this coming quite some time ago. One of the major suppliers of extensions for Dreamweaver saw this as well. They decided to start a Dreamweaver program for themselves called Wappler. It was just over three years ago when I went over to Wappler and have not looked back since. 

They made it so easy to create a website with NodeJS, that I abandoned PHP.  I even created a YouTube playlist on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC9fUoXFnoNGlYBCBZOJUPca

In other words, Wappler is what Dreamweaver could have been had they listened to their users.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.
You don't need to install and configure any local servers to run your dynamic Wappler web app or site. You can use the powers of the integrated in Wappler No...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can repeat it in Windows 10.  It's a bug of unknown duration as nobody has ever reported it before now.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can repeat it in Windows 10.  It's a bug of unknown duration as nobody has ever reported it before now.

By @Nancy OShea

According to a quick search of Google, it's been around at least 6 months...

doublepaste.jpg

...Google's still showing a snippet from the now defunct Uservoice site.

Probably came in after the deadline for Adobe caring about it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't pay much attention to UserVoice when it was up. 

After the rebuild, F&R was sharply criticized for various reasons. As for the clipboard glitch, I never saw it reported here before.  The Bug reporting in DW's Help Menu is redirecting from Wishform to this forum.  It is what it is, I guess...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines