Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn't open file after dropping onto top bar of DW CS6

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

There is some glitch in the program, i think, while i'm not able to open file (php, html or js) after dropping it onto to top bar of the panel. At start when file is "grabbed" the cusror is changed to "plus sign" - this is normal behavior, but after that, when the file was dropped onto that top bar nothing happened. As the result the referrenced file s not opened. This is so frustrating,and i have to go thru the long way - menu,open file, browse etc.
Is there any explanation of this program behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

I haven't used legacy CS6 in a dog's age nor would I want to. It can't cope with responsive layouts or modern code (PHP, JS, CSS & HTML5).   That said, maybe your OS was updated recently and is no longer compatible with CS6.  😉

In any case, assuming your local site folder is defined as it should be, just open your Files panel (F8) and launch your file from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not follow what you are trying to do. The way that I open a file is by double clicking it in the File panel. No dropping or grabbing involved.

As an `aside`, DWCS6 is a bit long in the tooth, being 9 years old this year. Time for an upgrade.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is so simple user action sequence. Pick the file, for example, in the File Explorer (DW supported, of course).

Drag the file onto DW panel.

Drop the file onto DW panel and - NOTHING!!!

I put the image below to explain the situation.

drag_and_drop_DWCS6_glitch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used legacy CS6 in a dog's age nor would I want to. It can't cope with responsive layouts or modern code (PHP, JS, CSS & HTML5).   That said, maybe your OS was updated recently and is no longer compatible with CS6.  😉

In any case, assuming your local site folder is defined as it should be, just open your Files panel (F8) and launch your file from there. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Nancy, you literally have evaporated my willing to work with that really Adobe legacy software, even for study purpose.
Well, obviously the "red line" of glitch free OS is WIndows 7 cause there no such issues there.
But, to close this topic i found your response with solid reason.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Be healty and lucky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines