• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Release Date!

LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just visited Amazon uk, and though I would do a search for Adobe CS5, and  found the release date for a number of books for CS5 to be around the middle of July. I am not saying that this date is 'factual' but for those interested it is a possible indicator.

For those wishing to view the page, see - http://www.amazon.co.uk/adobe-cs5-Books/s/qid=1268399924/ref=sr_pg_2?ie=UTF8&keywords=Adobe%20CS5&bb....

PZ

www.pziecina.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... you would certainly THINK that someone writing a CS5 book would be part of the Beta team so they have a copy to use as the basis for the book

If the author & publisher say the book will be out in July, that would certainly SEEM to indicate CS5 will also be out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind that the author has nothing to do with those dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's exciting to think about but bear in mind that Amazon has a track record for putting wrong shipping dates on books linked to yet-to-be released software.

They've been wrong by 3-6 months in the past.

Having said that I'd like to think that CS5 may ship sometime around the rumoured date of April (but only Adobe knows for sure).

http://cs5.org/?p=518

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2010 Mar 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although nothing definitive from the company yet, some  sources  look to a possible mid-spring release date for CS5. http://bit.ly/cRtRgi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you could also speculate May for a release date because of the Lightroom 3 Beta expiring on April 30th likely leading to new camera raw updates which would update Photoshop.

So how long do you think a speculation thread like this will keep going before people start to catch on that nothing has been announced, who wants to speculate that date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL - good one, and good point...  Well at this point 'following the crumbs' and clues is the best we can do, so might as well have fun with it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2010 Mar 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina wrote:

Have just visited Amazon uk, and though I would do a search for Adobe CS5, and  found the release date for a number of books for CS5 to be around the middle of July.

I'm rather surprised that Amazon.co.uk is listing CS5 books. Amazon.com is listing only one - and by a non-mainstream publisher. I imagine that if Adobe gets wind of this, the listings will be removed. Adobe puts all publishers under an embargo. No announcement of books until the product is officially announced.

I have no idea when CS5 will be either announced or released. In spite of what many people might think, authors don't get advance notice of the product's release date.

As for the rumours that others pointed to, one referred to a new product. At a guess, that could be either Flash Catalyst or ColdFusion Builder, both of which are in public beta. So, it might not indicate when CS5 is due out.

One thing is for sure. Adobe is trying to build up a viral campaign with its CSBuzz site. A group of Adobe evangelists is on a highly publicized "secret" world tour. Unless they let the secret out of the bag soon, a lot of people are going to get bored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2010 Mar 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

David Powers wrote -

I imagine that if Adobe gets wind of this, the listings will be removed.

I was a little surprised to see that Amazon.co.uk had any CS5 books listed, and this is why I posted the link here although as you say Adobe will probably have the listings removed.

A little 'speculation' on the subject is O/K, providing it does not harm anyone in any way. My personal opinion is that it would be better if Adobe published a list of  features it hoped to include in future versions anyway, and possibly asked for comments by registered users on the features, possibly in the same style that Microsoft has now implemented.

Yes, I know that features can be requested but without some feedback from Adobe, no one knows if others have also requested the feature or if it is even a consideration. We know that some will ask for features that should not be included in a 'general' web design/development program like Dreamweaver, (like integration of a particular framework) but feedback on requested, or possible new features from Adobe would be helpful.

PZ

www.pziecina.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some more speculation to add to the fire.  I just came across this in my daily browsing:

http://blogs.adobe.com/designandweb/

Smart pasting, HTML5 & CSS3 support for DW.  Some really neat features.  Maybe they are hard at work on the next version and closer than we think.  Or maybe all these new features will push the release back another 8 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SnakEyez02

First thank you for the link, the 'blog' will be worth watching

Personally I would prefer a late release date with the html 5, css3, canvas, better server side support, etc. included, than for Adobe to push an early but incomplete release out just to coincide with other CS5 releases.

PZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would prefer an early release date and I don't think that it will be incomplete.

pziecina wrote:

Personally I would prefer a late release date with the html 5, css3, canvas, better server side support, etc. included, than for Adobe to push an early but incomplete release out just to coincide with other CS5 releases.

Be sure that these features won't be in cs-next. Paul & Lea wrote:

To be clear, we are giving you a very early view.  It won't be in the next version of CS.

http://blogs.adobe.com/designandweb/2010/03/design_web.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthering the bread crumb trail to the imminent release date and for those interested in all things CS5... Check out this post from the Adobe XD team covering the some of the design influences (including Otl Aicher inspired grid systems and pictograms) for CS5, including a revealing of the new application icon design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to throw some new buzz into this thread.

Just check out this:
http://www.russellbrown.com/how2010/#info

He'll be using the newest Photoshop version. Why they don't say that he'll be using Photoshop CS4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relevant followup news, just out!

Adobe CS5 Global Launch will be April 12th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost thought that was a joke but it seems to be confirmed in multiple outlets.  Seemed odd after Adobe just released another beta of Lightroom 3 because I thought they would be working on that simultaneously with Photoshop and that beta 2 will be running through June now.  And Adobe has an official page for those interested:

http://cs5launch.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

The link and the launch dates are not a joke, but I am uncertain if the date given is for the 'public' beta or an actual full version release. Although the release of the public beta would be my guess, as this would then coincide with the release dates given for books for the full version, (mid July), and explain the 'extension' to the lighroom V3 beta version.

PZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS5 on that date April 12th, I think it's safe to expect not a public beta, but rather the announcement of all the features plus the general availability of the full version (in English) within the following 1-2 months.  With any luck, it should work similarly to how it did with CS4, and CS3 before it.

Lightroom is on a different release schedule so I don't think it will coincide...  But the new beta for LR3 means we probably won't be seeing the final version of that for a bit, I'm guessing until once the CS5 dust settles.  On the plus side, this means more time to make a greater LR3 release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools wrote:

For CS5 on that date April 12th, I think it's safe to expect not a public beta, but rather the announcement of all the features plus the general availability of the full version (in English) within the following 1-2 months.  With any luck, it should work similarly to how it did with CS4, and CS3 before it.

Lightroom is on a different release schedule so I don't think it will coincide...  But the new beta for LR3 means we probably won't be seeing the final version of that for a bit, I'm guessing until once the CS5 dust settles.  On the plus side, this means more time to make a greater LR3 release!

I think I have to agree with you.  Typically when Adobe launches there is a brief upgrade period where people buying the current version get an upgrade.  I would suspect that day would be the start of that period.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Spry 1.7 update that was mentioned earlier in the month:  http://groups.adobe.com/posts/d690df2300

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the funny feeling it's going to be released on the 10/10/2010 or it might also be the 20/10/2010 .

CS1 10/2003 -- 18 months -- CS2  04/2005  -- 24 months -- CS3  04/2007 -- 18 months -- CS4  10/2008  -- 24 months -- CS5 10/10/2010

Looks consequent to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the funny feeling it's going to be released on the 10/10/2010 or it might also be the 20/10/2010

Unlikely.

Sales of CS4 are now effectively zero since we all know that CS5 will be announced on 12 April. Adobe would not announce the new release and wait 6 months to ship with no revenue from CS4.

Previous versions have shipped 4-6 weeks after launch. I expect something similar with CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True true! Hm... might be the 10-05-2010 then! Just thought it will be a memorable day... therefore i was after a mamorable date

If it was up to me... the sooner the better 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone notice the launch countdown timer at http://cs5launch.adobe.com/ now reads 42 days (which would be May 12)??? I think someone messed up.

Screen shot 2010-03-30 at 5.40.05 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The countdown is fixed now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today for planning purposes we completed an analysis on possible timeframes for availability of CS5 in different segments and geographies...

We had been reading all kinds of guesstimates, some theorizing as late as October, so thought we'd try to lend some clarity.  It's here if you might find it useful.

Adobe CS5 Launches April 12th: When Will it Ship?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines