• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS Grid and DW

Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,  I am trying to use CSS Grid in DW and I am getting errors plus it isn't rendering properly in the Live View for some reason. If I just open the html in the browser it works so the code is ok. Is there something I am needing to turn on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

1. You did not stipulate what errors you are getting, so cannot answer this.

2. Not only DW's Live view, but also IE, Edge an Opera Mini will not render CSS Grid. The only thing you can do to fix this is to provide a backup for the non-compliant browsers (incl DW Live view)

This is easily done by using Flex first and overriding the instructions using Grid similar to:

#contact.content {

display: flex;

flex-flow: row wrap;

display: grid;

grid-template-columns: 100%;

grid-template-areas:

"main

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

osgood_   wrote

On the subject of css grid l think its  going to probably be a game changer in a year , if you are not using it for layout in combination with flex youre dust........

I think it will be much more than a year or even five years before css grid layouts can be used without fallback, (most did not want to use fallback for flexbox).

Flexbox was available in mobile devices from day 1, but not in desktop browsers. Now the situation is reversed, (if we ignore IE using the old grid specs) and given that desktop browser updates were free, but mobile devices must be paid for, we will have even bigger problems with users having supporting devices.

Flexbox is a pretty good problem solver for me at least so I won't worry too much if the use of grid is delayed. I have a good workflow presently which works really well in terms of allowing progress, experimentation and acheivement beyond a boxed in environment.

Im never going to be asked to do much beyond what I'm currently doing.........for me its just a question of trying not to forget what I've already learnt over a number of years, which is pretty difficult at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Niharika+Gupta  schrieb

Although, we have added this issue in our backlog and will take it up in the next releases.

Don't want to appear too pushy but yet another five months passed without CSS grid support in Life preview. Any update on the timeframe you consider waking up your Dreamweaver developers? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally think DW is about to be EOL'ed. To me unless they add a terminal it is really useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just curious, why integrating a terminal in within DW, what will be the advantage compare to just have a shortcut that launch the terminal present in the computer... personnaly I prefer powershell... any way... so what the goal... as I said just curious !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW was my first editor I used but now I use Visual Studio Code, after trying a ton of them, and it has an integrated terminal. It’s nice to have for finding bugs, not switching back and forth when you need a terminal. Live Reload in different browsers since that doesn’t work very well in DW, git commands, although VSC has awesome Git integration. Creating pregenerated files and other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your time,

but you just answer about what can be accomplised in a terminal... I was asking what will be the advantage of having it integrate in DW...

it won't in any case a DW new develkoment, so ti is just having DW opening a window in it's UI to make the terminal fits in it

personnaly I have PowerShell running on a dedicate screen and I wouldn't have it to be smallest just to be integrate in DW IDE!

that is my question ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines