Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2017 and XAMPP 7.1.6

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anybody have idea how to set up a local server with XAMPP 7.1.6 (last version) within the Dreamweaver interface? With previous versions I did it easily. I easily use to find the htdocs folder, but now all is different. I don't see the Xampp folderwhich contains the htdocs (to save my site project in it).

I read sometrhing about LAMPP folder and I saw that like a virtual disk. Inside the Lampp folder is the htdocs, but how do I select it as a target folder to set up my local server, if I can not find the Lampp in the finder?

Thanks for your patience. I use Mac Book Pro and OS El Capitan (10.11.5)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this is aimed at CS6, the same should apply to CC versions How to create a Testing Server with XAMPP in dreamweaver CS6. - YouTube

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used XAMPP before and I set up a local server n the dreamweaver. It was easy to find the htdocs folder, but the last version of xampp is very different, including its interface. NO Xampp folder, no direct accesses or aliases like preious versions. Where is the htdocs folder? Or can I create just one folder anywhere and name it "MySiteProject" for example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is XAMPP installed on your primary hard drive?

Do you have hidden files & folders enabled in Mac Finder?

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, actually I have the xampp installed on a Mac Book Pro, with El Capitan (OS v.10.11.5). It might be hidden folders but How do I "reveal" them, so I can see all the hidden files?

I have this laptop just few months and I don't know many of the features. SO, you think that the LAMPP (virtual disk) should be visible on the finder? Thank U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if this helps.

Quickly Show/Hide Hidden Files on macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan & Yosemite | Ian Lunn - WordPress & ...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines