• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2017 problems

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having being so used to the reliable 2016 version of Dreamweaver I am now foxed by why 2017 is so poor. I have three primary issues which I cannot fathom howe to solve so if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Note I work in source code.

1. When I add a new <a href= when I added the " I used to get the browse assist and popup for my files which was great. Now that's gone so I have to manually use the hyperlink method in design view. How can I get back to the browse assist?

2. When I do a line break on the keyboard the cursor indents to halfway across the page. I want the line break to move cursor far right on to the new line. I cvannot seem to be able to do that. I have tried to set outdent code but ity does not respond.

3. I found the errors check with green tick or red cross invaluable in 2016 as it found every single error in coding, such as a wrong > Now the 2017 errors checker is always a green tick and says I have no errors even if I make sure to create one. Its useless now.

Any ideas on how I can overcome these frustrations. I am not impressed with 2017 so far.

Thank you.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

#3 Real-Time Code Error Reporting not working as expected.   I added this to the Ideas section below.  You can vote for it if you like.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike,

#1: On typing <a href=" I am able to get the hint for Browsing and selecting a file in the site for both HTML and PHP files. Can you let us know the file type you are working on.

Browse Hint.png

#2: Can you please share a sample snippet where you are getting the issue.

#3: Earlier Linting was triggered on every key press in code view. In CC 2017, linting is triggered only on save or file open. Can you please share a snippet of the code for which you are not seeing linter errors.

You can also configure the error messages in Preferences->Linting for CSS, HTML and JS files.

Linting Error.png

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the replies. As for problem #1 it has now righted itself. I am now getting the hint to browse again.

#2 See image below

Image2.jpg

I have hit return after closing </a> and I want the cursor extreme left, not below where it has landed at just below the g in Fraserburgh.

See image

Image1.jpg

Note I have puposely removed the </a> to close the link in line 225 yet the green validation arrow bottom right is showing no errors. This is not showing any errors despite what I do and I fear I will post pages with errors as I am getting no validation check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, also, as you are getting the popup in Linting Error.png

I am not. It would be good if I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike,

I have logged a bug for issue #2.

For #3 can you please let me know if you are getting green validation arrow even after saving the file with missing </a>.

Also can you please let me know if this is an HTML or a PHP file. Linting is currently available only for HTML files.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Thank you for reporting #2 as a bug.

As for #3 if i post put the site with nthe errors it highlights them to me so i can correct them. So it is working as it should there. However I view the method as inferior to before when it highlighted them as they hasppened when I was working. Can you report that as a bug too?

Your prompt and constructive responses are a credit to this forum. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#3 Real-Time Code Error Reporting not working as expected.   I added this to the Ideas section below.  You can vote for it if you like.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines