Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2019 roadmap

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

There has been considerable speculation about the future for Dreamweaver on this forum, and elsewhere. The product team has published a blog post to allay rumors around this topic.

See What’s Coming to Dreamweaver in 2019? | Adobe Blog where the program manager for Dreamweaver has provided guidance on what's coming up in later versions of the software.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up, Preran.  The link you provided will trigger uBlock Origin.

adobeBlogBlocked.png

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blog is on the official Adobe Blog site. Can you check the settings on your computer and browser, just to be sure?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no settings on my end to change anything, except to temporarily or permanently allow traffic from na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com (ain't happening).  I'm assuming that you submitted this thread via email.

If you come to the forum website and hover over the link you provided, the URL is:

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com%2F%3Furl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Ftheblog.adobe.com%252Fwhats-coming-to-dreamweaver-in-2019%252F%26data%3D02%257C01%257Csyogin%2540adobe.com%257C5500bdfefbb848aa77ff08d64a95cb02%257Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%257C0%257C0%257C636778404566601765%26sdata%3DmTtRLqh7YTQGC%252B010FimHBVv2g5hA1Mmop7aJXXWrS8%253D%26reserved%3D0

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I had copied the link from my Outlook email directly to the post. I have now used the direct link. Let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can view the blog, now.  Thank you.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embrace modern web -- We are committed to supporting the latest versions of Bootstrap with Dreamweaver

LOL.

While no mention of CSS Grid, etc., so not really even coming close to moving towards the "modern web". Looks like the only thing that this confirmed, is that Dreamweaver will remain behind going forward 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting Preran .

Are we allowed to comment? As I only see the recommendation to post feature requests in the user voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I I don't see a commenting area in any of the blog posts under the Adobe blog site, it's probably a limitation that's imposed by the administrator.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, in the article it says -

"If there are other features and enhancements you’d like to see built, please leave your feedback in the comments section or on UserVoice."

​But as you pointed out, there is no comments section!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, Paula. I will ask Suhas to edit the blog post when he is free. Thank you for pointing it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update: Commenting has now been enabled for this blog post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slight problem with trying to comment.

I sign in, it goes to the blog home page, I select Dw from the products menu, I then select the 2019 roadmap, it then logs me out.

Never ending cycle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula: This is what I did.

I signed in and was taken to the generic Adobe Blog. Then I hit the back button on the browser and was able to see the Comments section.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran  wrote

Paula: This is what I did.

I signed in and was taken to the generic Adobe Blog. Then I hit the back button on the browser and was able to see the Comments section.

Thanks,

Preran

No, it still signs me out.

I'll comment here for now, if that is o/k?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commenting does not work. So, I'll comment here.

In an offline discussion with the Dreamweaver and Exchange Teams, it has been stated to me that Adobe will fix the local configuration bugs with misnamed user configuration folder in English International installations. This bug affects extension installation using Adobe ExMan (either in Command Line/Terminal Mode or with a visual front end). Also noted is that Adobe will include an extension installer as part of the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

The Dreamweaver Team needs to come to its senses and treat Bootstrap as an accommodation, rather than a defacto page layout feature. Optimally, an assortment of quality starter templates that allow a user to choose a Bootstrap track, a basic Flexbox track, or a CSS Grid track. Marrying itself to Bootstrap is a major mistake on so many different levels.

The Adobe Dreamweaver team and the forum team need to promote the extension community. Why? Because it is what sets Dreamweaver apart from other editors. There needs to be a balance of appeal to both coders and non-coders alike.

Once the Dreamweaver Team understands and accepts the simple logic of a successful path, the teams of ACPs that frequent the online community need to be briefed on strategy and tactics - an Adobe version of The Art of War.

I see nothing of major interest or import in the blog post. It is marketing fluff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try what I did and post your comments? Let me know if you are still having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran  wrote

Can you try what I did and post your comments? Let me know if you are still having issues.

Not Paula, but all I see is a brief flash of a button labeled Show More Comments, which immediately disappears. Id bad coding epidemic at Adobe or is it just an issue of continually choosing the wrong software 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have let the team know, am not sure as to what the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as soon as I sign in to the blog I am signed out of this forum, LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least it does not sign me out of this forum lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry you are still having issues with commenting. Bear with me until we figure this out with the concerned team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now working, I am logged in when I follow the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran  wrote

I am sorry you are still having issues with commenting. Bear with me until we figure this out with the concerned team.

While my default browser for web dev is Chrome, for forums I only use Edge, because of security and privacy measure in place on my system. Apparently, like many programmers, whoever coded that blog is using bad browser detection code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

The Dreamweaver Team needs to come to its senses and treat Bootstrap as an accommodation, rather than a defacto page layout feature. Optimally, an assortment of quality starter templates that allow a user to choose a Bootstrap track, a basic Flexbox track, or a CSS Grid track. Marrying itself to Bootstrap is a major mistake on so many different levels.

I will add to that.

Dw also needs to up it game when it comes to the css designer panel, either update it, or get rid of it and go back to the old css styles panel.

The main disappointment I have had with Dw over the last 8 years, is that they introduce a feature, then do not keep it up to date, (bootstrap updates, at least they have recognised the problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines