Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I update an HTM file in dreamweaver, the files modified date is wrong

Here's the modified date as shown through the Mac Finder

mac-finder.png

Here's the modified date as shown through the Dreamweaver File Panel

dreamweaver-file-explorer.png

This didn't happen until the update today.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit an official bug report to the Dreamweaver team from your DW Help Menu.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. We are unable to recreate this issue internally on our Mac machine with custom date set on the machine. Hence can you please help us with the below info for further debugging the issue.

1. Is the issue specific to .htm file or with all file types in the site
  2. OS version where the issue is encountered
  3. Please try clicking on Refresh button in Files panel and confirm if the modified time is updated
  4. Can you edit the file in Dw and save and confirm if the modified time is still incorrect as compared to Finder

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, and on my system the exact same incorrect dates are showing -- 01/27/90 in DW, and April 11, 2262 in Finder. 

It is NOT specific to .html files. I've seen it so far on html, php, js, css, css.map.

My OS version is Catalina 10.15.7

Refreshing doesn't change the dates in DW. And again, they are also showing incorrect in Finder.

And here's where I may have some additional useful info.

• When the date is incorrect locally, it is still correct remotely. 
  • If I edit a file, it's modified date is corrected locally. Upload it to the server, it shows correct on server.
  • If a file is uploaded from elsewhere, however (from another application locally, or if another use has edited a file and I'm pulling down a clean copy from the server in DW), when it is re-downloaded in DW the dates go wonky again.
  • The server side date stays correct, it appears to only be the local version of a file that's showing the weird dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reverting with additional info. On changing system date, we should be seeing "" error on Dw launch since the system date is not matching with the internet time(i.e., current time). You can please refer to the below KB article regarding the system time.

KB article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/cannot-verify-subscription-offline-mode.html

Also, we are unable to recreate the issue internally on OSX 10.15.7 machine. As you mention, incorrect date is mentioned in Finder when the file is edited. Hence can we have a remote connect session at any convenient time to you to further debug the issue and try resolving the issue on your machine.

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We hope you are doing well, continuing staying safe and healthy. We have addressed this issue where file modified time is displayed incorrect on downloading the file and fix is available in our latest Dw 21.1 update.

Hence please update to the latest Dw version 21.1 and let us know if the issue gets resolved with latest Dw 21.1 update. Thanks for writing to us on the issue and providing your kind feedback.

Have a pleasant day!

Thanks,
Nayan
Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem today. Lots of files dated 12.04.2262 on the local version of my site. I suppose they received this date when I synchronized the sites earlier. But it is even stranger: a file which on DW's view of the server is dated 10.09.20 is dated 27.01.90 in the DW view of the local site, while in the folder on my HD the date for the same file is 12.04.2262, 01:47. After having read the answer above I wanted to update to DW 21.1, but my version is 21.0 and Creative Cloud informs me that DW is the latest version. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open your local site folder in your operating system's File Manager (Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer). 

What is the files' last modified date?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines