having major issues with latest version of Dreamweaver 2021 on windows 10.
when i try to open it i get the startup image, then it just hangs. left it alone to give it a chance to respond & see if it was just slow loading and it finally loaded THIRTY MINUTES later. [no local sites or anything liek that being used]
As soon as i close DW & try to open afain, same issue & have to repeat process above.
The worst part of it all, is that during this hanging period, other apps in my system become affected to, until DW finally decides to load or i force quit it & reboot my machine. Most frustrating :[
- running as admin
- running from creative cloud app
- resetting preferences [https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html]
- rebooting system multiple times
I'm wondering if you have a corrupted site definition. Does this happen with all defined sites on your hard drive or just certain ones?
1. As a test, open DW and create a new site definition (Site > New Site...) and name it Empty Site.
2. Define the local folder on your primary hard drive, not a networked or cloud drive.
3. Create a few dummy pages. File > New > HTML > Create... and save them.
3. Close DW.
4. Reopen DW.
5. Does your newly created Empty Site lag on start up?
I often face the same problem, and this can happen in two types of situations :
I wonder if there is not an interference with the system, because this behavior is not something permanent. there are periods, that's what makes me say that it can have an impact with OS updates, independent updates of DW.
i have noticed the beginning of this behavior since CC 2017... or 15... i have a doubt
Can you please confirm if this issue observed if site is defined?
Is it specific to any file types or all kind of files?
Hello @ghjfhfjhdfghjdhgjdg ,
Well, in fact simply by opening Dreamweaver this phenomenon can be seen... then that a site is defined, or not, and this whatever the type of file... good file code... (JS, HTML, JSON, SCSS, PHP, SQL...) no matter.
on the other hand, I would like to point out that here at the studio, we work with local files on a Synology server.
does this help you ?
have a pleasant day