• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver bookmarks for html pages.

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am new to Dreamweaver and I am trying to find out how to put linkable bookmarks in html5 pages.

Can someone who knows how to do this give me instructions on how to find the bookmark menu.

I created these pages using Expression Web that had a simple menu for adding bookmarks.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never used Expression Web so I don't know what is uses Bookmarks for.  That said, Bookmarks are a web browser feature.  Saving a webpage URL to your browser's Bookmarks or Favorites folder enables you to quickly access the page later from your web browser.

Dreamweaver isn't a browser, it's a code editor.

To add linked text to your HTML page, go to the INSERT menu > Hyperlink and follow the prompts.  See screenshot.

image.png

Hope that helps.  Post back if you have more questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not understanding your question correctly, so if my answer is strawberry, don't blame me.

It may be that what you mean by bookmark in the code is adding and indexing an ID attribute to a tag (i.e. foo), and thus being able to affix a link that directs to that ID...

href="page.html#foo"

If this is the case, there's a palette that's perfectly suited to the task and very useful... it can be found in the Window > DOM menu (or Ctrl + F7)

Once in the palette, you can unfold your HTML code in the form of a tree structure, which is collaterally interactive, whether you click on the rendering, in the code or in the palette itself...

Lena_0-1709547973627.png

Let's take the example of this DIV with class .heading-with-icon

simply double-click on the class in the DOM palette, and the field becomes editable... 

add a space followed by #foo,

Lena_1-1709548008488.png

and instantly, the id will be added to your code, allowing you then to point to this link

Lena_2-1709548049282.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formerly called HTML Named Anchors.

<a href="some_link.html#anchor_name">LINK</a>

Expression Web Docs:

https://www.expression-web-tutorials.com/anchor-tags.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bookmarks in a web editor allow you to move around the code easier, whilst in code view. You can bookmark a spot in the code or side gutter with an icon, give the bookmark a name/description and then select it from a dedicated bookmark panel in the editor, which will jump you to the exact spot designated by the bookmark in the code. Many editors have this facility but DW probably doesn't, otherwise I would assume it would be a well known feature to those who use the application frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines