• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver + Bootstrap

Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at what DMXzone has been up to over the past month, bringing Wappler to Dreamweaver with more to come.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are just standalone Dreamweaver extensions, hardly Wappler. You could say 'look what DMX has been up to over the last few months bringing Dreamweaver to Wappler' if your were a greenhorn in the Wappler forum.

Have another coffee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what your point is Osgood_? There is nothing even remotely close to Dreamweaver in Wappler. No similarities at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Brad+Lawryk  wrote

Not sure what your point is Osgood_? There is nothing even remotely close to Dreamweaver in Wappler. No similarities at all.

My point is most of those extensions are part of Wappler, so if you have those extensions for DW there is something very similar in Wappler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wappler doesn't have GIT integration or a snippets panel, as far as I can see GIT is on the roadmap and I'm guessing as Wappler is termed the 'Visual' Web App that a snippets panel is not a priority.

I've not used any of the DMXZone extenions for many years,  but I'm guessing the transition from Dreamweaver to Wappler would be a fairly easy one for people who use DMXZone extensions frequently?

Imagine if one day DMXZone ceased to develop Dreamweaver extenions to concentrate on Wappler. Adobe would really have to get their act together with Dreamweaver then .....

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul-M  wrote

Wappler doesn't have GIT integration or a snippets panel, as far as I can see GIT is on the roadmap and I'm guessing as Wappler is termed the 'Visual' Web App that a snippets panel is not a priority.

Nothing concerning editor coding is a priority for the guys at Wappler and it shows big time if you like to use the editor as part of your workflow, its poor, did I mention its very poor from that point of view.

Dreamweaver is still light years ahead in that respect and IF you can afford all the DMX extensions probably a better more stable package. Most of the 'developers' that Wappler are trying to attract don't need the front end js framework, its just a trend that will die out in a few years. Php/vanilla js or a bit of jQuery for small to medium websites is still the optimum workflow in my opinion. Php 7 is 50% faster than 5.6 and its said 7.3 is another 15% faster, more than ample for small/medium websites.

Dont get me wrong I mess around with vue js purely because I'm a bit of a dork but I don't need to be using it for building the kind of websites I produce, its overkill especailly when you get into the CLI where build files are produced.

A good snippets panel is a deal breaker for me if an editor hasnt got one. One click and a bit of code is down and ready to go,much faster than clicking through a lot of UI panels, slow, slow, slow but what youve never had you never miss

I really dont think Adobe give a XXXX about DW they are just letting it drift around like a lifeless body. I don't think there are any plans afoot to rescue it as far as I know.

I get what Wappler is trying to do and in some ways admire the sentiment but I guess I'm too far advanced to want to go backwards. Maybe in another 5 years when I cant remember my own name it might be more appealing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Project Seven has been making page layout extensions for years that proudly do not rely on Bootstrap, So, there has been an alternative that provides users who value efficient code and a support vehicle that emphasizes teaching people how to fish, rather than providing the finished meal. Quality is still possible for the non-coding Dreamweaver user, or for those who welcome productivity tools that do not require massive, hard to understand libraries.

http://www.projectseven.com

The company is in fact running a nice Easter sale this week, too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines