• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC Crashes Constantly

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Dreamweaver CC last night. Cannot keep it open for more than a few seconds. Noticed if I open a file, no code shows in the Code Inspector. If I click the X to close the file, DW CC crashes. Think this release came a out a bit too soon. Buggy as hell.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

We value your feedback. And yes, we are looking towards taking care of the FG bug in the next update.

While we have solved many such issues through the font and media query route, we still have a small bunch that isn't being addressed by these two fixes.

Like any detective, we need clues to arrive at the root of the problem, and we try to rule out the usual suspects before we zero in on the rest. In this respect, your cooperation helps us a great deal.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Here is one hint - I have an old website that needed to change few things. What I noticed using DW CC that when I open to *.php files in code view mode, then when I copy from one file and, once I click on the second file tab to past, it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a very similar problem. When I start DW it freezes for several seconds, the loading screen turns black.  It flash back and forth a few times.  When it finally does open within 1 to 2 minutes of just sitting there DW crashes.

I have already reinstalled DW, reinstalled the CC Desktop app, I ran the cleaner program to remove all traces of adobe CC, nothing has worked.

Another post suggested uninstalling DW, restarting the CC Desktop app and then reinstalling.  I tried that, I got DW uninstalled but now the CC Desktop app won't open.  I double click the shortcut, the cursor shows wait for a few seconds and then nothing!

When I check task manager, Creative Cloud.exe is using 12.5% cpu which is 100% of 1 core

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, Core i7 with 16GB of Ram.

Right now it is impossible for me to develop any of the several websites that I maintain.  This needs to be fix now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem you are having.

I am not with Dreamweaver support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Restore Preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having an issue with Dreamweaver CC being very unstable and also a similar (but worse) issue with Edge Animate. I found this in the forums (applies only to Macs) at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5562106#5562106

Never mind that. The cause for me seemed to be this issue: http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2011/Aug/msg00987.html

I indeed had the /Library/Contextual Menu Items/SCFinderPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/SCFinderPlugin - i moved it away, restarted Finder, and import symbol no longer crashes.

If you don't have this specific plugin, you might have something else in Finder causing the crashes.

It seems to have helped my issues with Dreamweaver as well although I haven't tested thoroughly. I'm passing it along so others can give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Mac fix?? I do not see a folder Library in C/Users/MyName/ on my Windows 7 system.  Also all the other fixes seem to be aiming at Mac, you need to address the problem for Windows 7.

Here is the windows Fault Report:

Faulting application name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 13.0.0.6390, time stamp: 0x5170485c

Faulting module name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 13.0.0.6390, time stamp: 0x5170485c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0097d377

Faulting process id: 0xce0

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce72cf7af7393c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Report Id: f887e553-dec2-11e2-b3cb-6cf04990d253

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried the .plist, tried the font trick - NADA - as soon as a try to change between websites with "Files" it crashes.  Mac | Yosemite | 10.10.1.  i would look at the relationship to JAVA - once updated to an Apple version and it worked for awhile. Now I am back to crash city

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Yosemite related issues, can you try uninstalling Dropbox and let us know if that helped solve your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC is very buggy, crashes all the time - trying a number of different settings. Certainly having Dreamweaver and Photoshop together makes the whole thing very flaky (CS6 Photoshop and DW were fine). Not using any of the amazing new features in DMW, the code is fairly basic stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having constant crashes as well. I opened FontBook and had a TON of duplicates. I resolved my duplicates and all seems to be fine…for now. We'll see how the day goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Win7 and with CS6 dreamweaver all worked good till few days-week or two back. Crashes. I downloaded CC and it crashes too. Help. My Acrobat PRO XI can't start I will renistall it now so I'll see it is some my fault or not. And Acrobat Distiller also crashes when listing components and when  it came to Fonts... it crashed.

my 1st topic is here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1306675

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew 713,

Check out the docs under Top Issues on this page and let us know if you still need help

Dreamweaver Help

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dreamweaver CC hangs on the beach ball for up to 8 full minutes often — usually when I do something like switch to a different site and then save and upload an open file from the previous site.

Why on earth wait 8 full minutes for Dreamweaver to respond? Because I've discovered that force quitting and relaunching causes more problems that result in a longer down time than just waiting.

Dreamweaver CC is very unreliable and fragile... at least on my system running Yosemite 10.3.3.

Model Name:Mac Pro
  Model Identifier:MacPro4,1
  Processor Name:Quad-Core Intel Xeon
  Processor Speed:2.66 GHz
  Number of Processors:1
  Total Number of Cores:4
  L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
  L3 Cache:8 MB
  Memory:16 GB
  Processor Interconnect Speed:4.8 GT/s
  Boot ROM Version:MP41.0081.B07
  SMC Version (system):1.39f5
  SMC Version (processor tray):1.39f5
  Serial Number (system):YM9410YY4PC
  Serial Number (processor tray):J594000M24MFE   
  Hardware UUID:2C88D1A2-E368-5C81-BEC6-889B92C4B9EC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, me too. It crashes about 75% of time I do anything.

- Upload files

- Save new files

- Find & Replace

- Copy & Paste

I am NOT using fluid grids, and my CSS files are perfect (no missing {s, etc.). I am using SASS for managing my CSS files, so you know they're not a problem or else I would get an error on save.

I take a chance with everything that I do in DW CC. I've been a DW user since version 1 with Macromedia and have never ever had problems like this.

I've tried all of the suggestions: font duplicates, removing configuration files, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I REALLY want to be able to use Dreamweaver CC but it crashes all the time on me, too. I've also been given an unhelpful run around and literally conflicting answers by tech support, sales, and these boards.

I've spelunked in my libraries, been nice to Verdana, and searched for media query curly close quotes and I still crash. Often. A lot. All the time. SO MUCH I GET NOTHING DONE.

Thanks to S.E.O. it is difficult to find accurate, honest reviews and information about the CC products and that is sad. In fact it borders on dishonest. I agree with the voices saying these releases are too early and incomplete. When I buy software it is a tool I use to complete a job. The tool should not require as much time, effort, and attention as my job.

I am mac OS running 10.8.2 and am about 2 weeks into my CC membership and seriously considering canceling. What use are super duper features if they literally don't work? Is it more productive to crash 8-12+ times a day or just teach my self to hard code media queries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update to the latest version of Dreamweaver CC 13.1 which has got lot of bug fixes (fixes for crashes too) and lot more improvements. You could use menu Help > Updates from Dreamweaver application or use Creative Cloud application and download the latest patch for DW CC. Use may refer this link for more details http://forums.adobe.com/message/5630415#5630415

Regards,

Janaki L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!!! Updated to Dreamweaver CC 13.1. Now the crashes are worse than ever. Saving a file or putting a file to a remote server crashes the application. Sometimes just cut-n-paste crashes it too. In just 30 minutes of using the new release this morning, DW CC crashed eight times.

All I use it for is code-view only because I'm used to the color and code hinting and FTP to my remote server. Nothing else. I'm a DW user since v1 from Macromedia.

!!! HELP !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sound this solution for problems with Edge crashing and it seemed to make Dreamweaver CC more stable as well (Mac only):

Originally posted at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5562106#5562106 😞

The cause for me seemed to be this issue: http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2011/Aug/msg00987.html

"I indeed had the /Library/Contextual Menu Items/SCFinderPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/SCFinderPlugin - i moved it away, restarted Finder…"

It helped me. If you don't have this specific plugin, you might have something else in Finder causing the crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tschrader,

We are sorry to hear that DW 13.1 is crashing in your workflows. I hope you have submitted the crash logs with your email address. If not please do so. For time being, please mail me the crash logs to jlakshmi_at_adobe_dot_com.

How to get the crash log of DW?

Windows:

* Open Control Panel > Action Center > Problem Reports

* Expand Adobe Dreamweaver CC

* Refer the date and double click on the item in it

* It will open up the Problem Details for that crash log

* Click on the link "View a temporary copy of these files"

* It will open up the temp files

* Zip all of them and send it across

Mac:

* Go to /Users/user_name/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Dreamweaver*.crash

Please share all the eight crashes with us to investigate. While sending please give us more details on the steps which you performed. It would be great if you could send us the test files as well.

Regards,

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dreamweaver CC on Mac keeps on crashing as soon as that welcome screen comes up. I'm not paying Adobe each month for a product I have to manually fix. That's not the way things should work. I pay Adobe each month to have software that works seemlessly, out the box.

This is screwing up my whole workflow. Remind me why I'm paying?

Photoshop is much slower. Dreamweaver won't even open; it's farcicle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NICK NACK's  ISSUE  DW crashes/Hangs  on launch : 

1. MAke sure  DW is quit

2. Navigate to th User Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe folder

3. Backup the CEPServiceMAnager4 folder

4. Delete the original CEPServiceManager4 folder

5. Check and quit any active CEPServiceManager  process from Activity Monitor

6. Launch DW 

DW should now work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm this did work, and Harish and Adobe were very helpful on this occasion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janaki L,

Yes. The first thing I did was update to the latest version. Based on my crashes I am not sure about "lot of bug fixes (fixes for crashes too) and lot more improvements."

Also, a link to a forum seems a round about waste of time for a download. One can assume if I am having trouble running the application I've been able to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to Dreamweaver CC fixed my issues. I am now using the product and haven't crashed yet. Really hoping one of these updates fixes the "interacting with server" delays that still plauge this software. Very annoying when trying to upload or download files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines