• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Code Editor Drag and Drop

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code editor in DW 21.2 has messed up drag and drop to the point where you can no longer see where the drag is going to be dropped. Up to now, a ghost edit-point cursor has shown exactly where it was going (although it was sometimes hard to see). Now it appears if there is some sort of weird icon near the mouse arrow, but NO indication of where the paste is occurring.

This will force me to use an external text editor, which is just another painful step in doing my work. Don't get me wrong, external text editors are great but taking the time to force the external editor every time I want to edit a file is ridiculous.

Alternately, I will have to cut/paste each move, now that drag and drop is not controllable any more. Please, undo this "improvement"!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is not a drag & drop app.  So not sure what you're attempting to do.

Which operating system?

Please elaborate more about your workflow.  Provide a screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using macOS Monterey (12.0.1).

As screenshot shows, I am doing code editing directly in the file's code view window. I am editing my local copy of the file, though this new editor problem also appears if I try to directly edit the remote copy of the file. Usually I am editing php code, but for sake of example I have highlighted an HTML5 cell I might want to drag and drop to a different location, say, to be above the cell above, right after the <tr> tag.

Unfortunately I cannot get a screen capture of what I am seeing, because it is during the time the mouse button is down. Even a time-delay screen capture doesn't grab it for me.

I am using a right-click and hold to do the dragging. What I had been seeing previously was the editor cursor at the point where the drop was going to go. This moved with the mouse as I did the drag so I would know exactly where the selected code snippet would land when I let go of the mouse.

Now that cursor has been replaced with some weird kind of "globe" icon which travels with the mouse cursor, yes, but in a specific relative displacement from the mouse, to the right and above. It does not travel to where the code snippet will land, and it does not show me any cursor where it will land.

This is new behavior with this release of DreamWeaver 21.2, and it is a great hinderance to my editing work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey was released a very short time ago.  And there are known problems with it including memory leaks and security issues.  I've been advising users to stick with Big Sur for 2-3 months until all the bugs are worked out.  See links below.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/11/01/macos-monterey-memory-leak-user-reports/

https://www.macobserver.com/news/macos-12-0-1-monterey-patches-various-security-problems/

If you continue to experience problems, you may wish to revert to a previous software version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion.

I will point out that it does not seem to be a Monterey problem; the previous version of DreamWeaver did not show this behavior, even under Monterey. I will probably revert to a previous version of DreamWeaver until this gets settled out. I remain convinced this is a change in DreamWeaver.

But I do thank you for the suggestion, and will follow up on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feel free to submit a bug report to the Dreamweaver product team from your Help Menu.

Or go directly to Dreamweaver on Adobe UserVoice.

https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines