Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Creative Cloud No longer Opens

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just tried to open DW.  It fails to load with an error.

"Dreamweaver encountered problems while constructing the menus from the current menus.xml file.

please delete the current menus.xml file and rename menus.bak to menus.xml"

I notice other have had this issue.  My environment is on a MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.  iMac 27Inch Mid 2011.

On dreamweaver cc I have been unable to update the software as the update is no longer compatible with my setup "Not Compatible".  

I am on a mid 2011 iMac.  There is no way I can get a new iMac yet or upgrade the iMac yet, and it is an absolute that I need DW.  So I'm really really stuck right now.

To better manage HardDrive Storage, some years ago now, I moved my access to the Adobe documents, from th HD to an iCloud drive.  All Adobe applications have worked perfectly until today DW doesnt open.   

Is there anyway that I can get Dreamweaver back up and running on my current iMac?  I am so stuck without this.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Dreamweaver forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try this KB article to delete the file cache and re-create the user config folder: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

If that doesn't work, you can download a newer version of DW.  Both the CC 2019 and CC 2020 versions have High Sierra compatibility.  But when you say the update is not compatible with your setup, what version of DW are you trying to update from?  At the most, your site files are in your user library on your Mac and can be easily moved over if a new installation is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

- https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/user-guide.html/dreamweaver/system-requirements.ug.html

Creative Cloud expects you to be on the latest OS no more than 2 versions back:  Big Sur, Catalina or Mojave.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines