• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS4 Serial Number Activation

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have Dreamweaver CS4 on my computer. I recently changed laptop so I desactivated the serial number and desinstalled the software. I am now trying to reinstall it on my new laptop but the serial number is not recognized. Any ideas on what I should do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Was your previous version a Student/Teacher or Volume Licensed Edition from a reseller? 

Find your serial number quickly

Have you logged in to your Adobe account to confirm you have the correct serial number?

Adobe ID

Unfortunately, most of us are product users like yourself. So a bad serial number is beyond our scope of authority.  That's something only Adobe can help you with.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that's been mentioned before is to install the software as a trial without the serial, then activate/register through the Help menu in-program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I tried but I only have "register" and not activate in the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit the Register, it should ask you to log in to Adobe and give your number from the packaging.

Unless the log in already has the number attached from a prior Registration, then it should recognize it and start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Violaine,

Jon has provided you with the required solutions. If you still need help, get in touch with customer care http://adobe.ly/TLTXjC

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Unfortunately, it did not work, as I have nowhere when I hit Registration in the Help Menu to enter the activation code.

When I enter it on the software it says the code is wrong... although I desactivated it on my former laptop.

I did contact customer care who told me Dreamweaver CS4 was not supported anymore and I had to go through this forum to get an answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this product an upgrade from an earlier version of DW?  If so, you may need to enter the qualifying product's serial number first.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy!

No, I've downloaded the trial version of Dreamweaver CS4 (same as the one I had), and when I enter the serial number, it doesn't work - although I desactivated it in my former laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your previous version a Student/Teacher or Volume Licensed Edition from a reseller? 

Find your serial number quickly

Have you logged in to your Adobe account to confirm you have the correct serial number?

Adobe ID

Unfortunately, most of us are product users like yourself. So a bad serial number is beyond our scope of authority.  That's something only Adobe can help you with.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy!

I used your suggestion and checked the serial number - which is the same as the one i had.

I think something wrong happened when I desactivated Dreamweaver and its serial number on my former laptop... hence the reason why it is not working on my new laptop... I don't see a better explanation.

I have tried to contact the Adobe support but they told me they couldn't help as the software is not supported anymore. Or is there a number I could call?

Thanks anyway for all your time and your useful answers !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had exactly the same Adobe v unhelpful product too old to support - well why do they not let us use it without serial no. I got warning message on mine & it has worked perfectly for last 5 years. Adobe must have initiated this on line. Mine was a Volume licenced version - for Education

Have you managed to get yours working ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion is more than 2 years old.  Why don't you start a new one and give some details about your version of software, OS, etc... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines