• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS5 will not open

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe CS5 Design Premium and installed. Every application opens without problem except Dreamweaver which will not open at all. I tried installing again and that didn't work. I even tried removing all of my preference files, old Application Support files and even Library Application Support files. Uninstalled CS4 and CS5 and installed a fresh copy of CS5.

Dreamweaver CS5 will not open. It gets to just before the splash screen and stops. It's not hanging either, I can click the dock and quit the app without a force quit. It appears that the open sequence is missing something.

Mac OS X 10.6.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Everyone is saying the update works but you never know, some may have problems finding it. I had this problem until minutes ago until I too did the update for CS5, go here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs51104

If you are on Lion and are using CS5 (not 5.5) don't waste your time with permissions and preferences, this does it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 251 Replies 251
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone is saying the update works but you never know, some may have problems finding it. I had this problem until minutes ago until I too did the update for CS5, go here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs51104

If you are on Lion and are using CS5 (not 5.5) don't waste your time with permissions and preferences, this does it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this issue  on windows  7,     And Deleted the C:\Users\MYPROFILES\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5

After Deleting  it   rebuilt   keys  and links  then started working again  yay.....

Im not sure  if this helps for mac,    but where ever local  data   is stored for the user   pertaining to dreamweaver can be  deleted and rebuilt

Allen  Ford,

http://www.cyfordtechnoologies.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines