• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver into the 2020's.

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many may know, myself, Birnou, (and others behind the sceen) have been asking about Dw's future. Well the blog post is up, and the discussion is ready to begin.

The post was in the 'output error' discussion and said -

We appreciate your feedback. We are actively working on improving Dreamweaver to meet your web development needs.

Here is an overview of improvements we are working on for upcoming Dreamweaver updates in 2019 and 2020.

Kindly have a look into the blog post and share your thoughts.

Regards

And was posted by Dw team member - yshivaprasad,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstand the mindset of people in the u/k, and especially in the north Birnou.

We do not try to be insulting in any way. What we do though, is say what we think, and when talking we certainly do not respect anyone just because people think we should. To us respect must be earned, and the simple fact that no one at Adobe or on the Dw team will engage in constructive discussions, leads to us having an even lower opinion of them.

A nurse working in 'accident and emergancy' in an hospital, who expresses an opinion on the state of the NHS in the u/k, has more respect from most people in the u/k, than the prime minister of the u/k expressing their opinion regarding the NHS in the u/k. That is what I mean by respect must be earned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to my reply Birnou.

I do know why employees from Adobe cannot say anything, but all it would take is someone to be truthfull and say something like -

"we do not currently have the resources available to do more".

Which I suspect we all privatly know is true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never said that your comments were meaningless... I share your point of view very much. And we know (both in offline and public discussions) that our points of view are quite close.

so I wasn't talking about the substance... but the form...

I admit that the northern English can have a raw and direct verbal form. in a past life I was a dock worker on the Marseilles dock, and there too the tone is we will say supported...

but, for what I think, this does not give us any right in the way we address people, employees moreover as you specify in message #27, on a public forum, a forum that is neither English from the North, nor from Marseille... but pluri-cultural and international

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

but, for what I think, this does not give us any right in the way we address people, employees moreover as you specify in message #27, on a public forum, a forum that is neither English from the North, nor from Marseille... but pluri-cultural and international

I'm not addressing employees in message #27, I am saying that truth is better than silence from Adobe when it comes to Dw now, as we are all asking 'Is Adobe interested in Dw"?

No one knows who or how many people use Dw, but Adobe, and they will also at least know who installed it and have an idea how much they use it, (otherwise the db node creates has no meaning).

Each products customer base that Adobe has, will probably be reflected in the development budget assigned to that product, (unless it is to be EOLd). If as appears to be the case with Dw, there is little investment, then either Adobe is not reinvesting, or there are too few actual users to justify extra investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  a écrit

I'm not addressing employees in message #27, I am saying that truth is better than silence from Adobe when it comes to Dw now, as we are all asking 'Is Adobe interested in Dw"?

sorry error typing... #19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u   wrote

Actually it works against them. Silence is not always golden. However if you are not in need of the income you can do what you like, when you like but its disrepectful to paying customers to keep them ill informed, so that in itself could be a viewed as they dont care about their customers at all. Nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if we want to engage in a real conversation with the development teams, and in this case the decision maker, it is not by calling them all names, or by denigrating their integrity,  that the user-friendliness will be there

I rather think that it IS these arrogant and stupid that I talk of that is stopping them from doing so........good luck with your approach though.

Not sure where you've been living all your life but once a senior 'believes' they are the only person who can possible make a decison you can kiss goodbye to any progress.

Those on the 'shop floor' are usually much more in contact with their clientele not on the golf course or sipping pimms. Some decision makers of course get their hands dirty and find out whats going on their watch. Many dont, prefering to sit in a boardroom talking much about nothing and wasting time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perhaps you should practise golf ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good idea but certainly not in company time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's like the police don't drink during working hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's like the police don't drink during working hours.

The ones that are good at their job don't......but theres always going to be bad apples in the barrel, especially if money is involved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offence against anyone, but that gave me the best laugh I have had today .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are back to SB's.

SB's could not be updated, simply because many of those concerned with Dw's development did not have the manpower to do so, (wordpress etc had a greater importance). It also goes back to Adobes aquisition of Macromedia, in that Adobe thought Flash was the future, html5, css3 and modern js did not realy exist, and mobile devices had been abandoned as far as users where concerned, (yes there was smartphones before the iPhone).

Adobe still has not come to terms regarding web sites/apps creation. You just have to look how much and for how long they denied the death of flash. As for Dw, it was never really a product Adobe knew what to do with, if you look at Animate you will see just how much it is trying to become a 'psuedo flash' for the web.

Dw does not offer Adobe a captive market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just going completely left field with this question.

If Dw is going to include what is new in html5, I am wondering if they will include some form of srcset builder, in which one could actually build the 'media type query' that is possible when using srcset, or if anyone thinks that a straight forward 'code hints' approach would be all that is required.

After all, some of what one can do with srcset goes way beyond the simple 1x, 2x, 3x. type of use most commonly seen.

If you look at the resolution switching, (different sizes) example, you will see what I mean, and much more complicated structures are also possible -

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Multimedia_and_embedding/Responsive_images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they have the resources to create a tool that would handle the complexity of options available with srcset. Unless they bought it from a third party extension developer, like Project VII (who have a basic but useful extension for it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jon,

That is what I was thinking. I also thought that if the more complexed srcset structures are to be handled by code hints alone, it would be an indicator of 'how the team was thinking', (or not).

Simply because a casual or beginner coder would have serious problems with anything more than the basic 1x, 2x or the 'w' descriptor usage, (I know I do, and I know how to use it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines