• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver locked because Define Servers window is hiding behind it

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, got a weird one, probably Windows specific rather than Adobe, though I've been trying to find a solution for 40mins to no avail.

I was in Dreamweaver and clicked on Files, Define Servers and the relevant window popped up.  I was trying to solve a laggy issue I'm having with Dreamweaver by turning off various things in Advanced and seeing if they helped.  Anyway, I flipped back to chrome to check on some suggestions for which settings to try and when I went back to Dreamweaver, the Define Servers window was hidden and Dreamweaver itself is locked - because the other window is open and needs to be closed.  But I can't get to the other window...

It's not in Alt-tab, it's not in right click the icon on the taskbar, I can't restore down or minimise Dreamweaver, I can't even right click the icon and close the application.  Before I resort to Task Manager and a forced close, are there any suggestions for keyboard options?  I've tried Win-Shift-M, Win-Up, Win-Down.  Thanks

Edit: I don't have multiple screens so it's not an off screen issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say it, but Task Manager > End Process might be your only option.  If you can't Alt-Tab to it (it's not a program, it's a part of Dw) and minimizing doesn't work (same), I think killing it is the only option.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I did in the end!  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you press the Escape (ESC) key?

It works for me.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it didn't work for me Nancy.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue ...Only workaround is to make sure you don't switch the focus away from Dreamweaver while you have the site definition window open.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this was the second time I'd done this and had to force close using Task Manager.... maybe I will have learned my lesson now... but I doubt it.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines