• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DreamWeaver & MySQL

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am returning to using DW after a few years, and am now using DW CC 2018, rather than DW CS from previous years.

There was a previous function that allowed you to connect to MySQL Databases etc and link the fields, so when you created a Form the data was automatically inserted into the hosted Database - this function seems to have been removed.

Can anybody make any recommendations as to what the process is now for inserting data into a remotely hosted database.

I see there are many Add-On's which can be purchased, but I was wondering whether there was still a way of doing this directly within DW without the use of an Add-In.

Any hep would be appreciated.

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That functionality has been completely removed from the program.

Aside from using third party extensions or services, the only other option would be to learn how to hand code what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I thought - I am too old to learn coding ha ha

Thank you.

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SGrimes0909  wrote

I am returning to using DW after a few years, and am now using DW CC 2018, rather than DW CS from previous years.

There was a previous function that allowed you to connect to MySQL Databases etc and link the fields, so when you created a Form the data was automatically inserted into the hosted Database - this function seems to have been removed.

Can anybody make any recommendations as to what the process is now for inserting data into a remotely hosted database.

I see there are many Add-On's which can be purchased, but I was wondering whether there was still a way of doing this directly within DW without the use of an Add-In.

Any hep would be appreciated.

Sean

Sadly DW is now a program lacking in many features it once had, which made it useful and unique. The server behaviours/database connection options were removed and never replaced, as they were old, outdated and unsecure.

There are 3rd party providers that sell extensions which replace the one which were in DW by default

As much as it pains me to say I thing you are probably better off using a program by the name of 'Wappler' - Google it. I dont know if its within your budget but I think its the way forward for non-coders. I'm personally not liking the code it produces but I seem to be in the minority these days as its becomes a 'free for all' trying to get something done as cheap as possible - so if your of that way of thinking give it a look up.....its has a powerful fornt/back-end suite of options

The same developers also provide a paid for extension for DW which address your sqli/pdo connection issues along with a company named Webassist - if you have a budget for developing websites look them up and see what you think.

The only other alternative if you want to use DW is to code your own connections and queries - these are not difficult. Once youve done it once or twice and have created some basic snippets its a breeeze.

Happy coding - whatever weapon you choose - DW is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't sugar coat this, the deprecated server behaviors and data bindings panel is freely available from DMX Zone.  However, the code is woefully outdated and won't work on servers with PHP 7x.

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/21842/enable-server-behaviors-and-data-bindings-panel-support-for-dreamwe...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can install the beta of DataBridge (WebAssist) and the server behaviours return back more powerful than before (and obviously compatible with PHP7):

Current Downloadable Version | Community forum | WebAssist

The beta (very stable, you can use it safely) is free until the final version is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines