• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dw 2019 javascript dom undefined

Participant ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Dreamweaver 2019 and now all the basic objects in JavaScript (e.g. document, window, alert, XMLHTTPRequest, etc.) are no longer defined. Lines that reference any JavaScript object have errors like, "ERROR: 'document' is not defined. [no-under]". What happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Thank you for downloading the latest Dreamweaver CC. Dreamweaver CC uses ESLint for linting Javascript files. To copy the default eslint configuration file(rules file) to the site, goto Site Setup Dialog->Advanced Settings->JSLint and click on Edit Configuration file to get the default .eslintrc.js file copied to the site root. In the .eslintrc.js file, add the following environment option:

"env": {

"browser": true

}

You may want to look at  https://eslint.org/docs/user-guide/configuring#specifying-environments

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the CC version of Dw, but in the release notes for Dw 2019 I notice that Dw now supports ecma6.

A common problem with other code editors that added ecma6 support was when using jQuery, with the jQuery file linked to an external server. Are you using jQuery?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encourage you to reach out to us directly using this link Contact Customer Care The team can log a bug for you if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Dreamweaver now supports ECMAScript 6 syntax in DW19.0. Dreamweaver also supports linting of ECMAScript code, with ESLint defaulting as JavaScript linter, as well. For more information, see Lint code.

Dreamweaver 19.0 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

Please refer to release notes:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/dreamweaver/release-note/release-notes-dreamweaver-cc-2019.htmlRelease notes for the 2019 of Dreamweaver CC

Thanks

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply Kratika, but I do not use Dw CC.

The reason I mentioned it in relation to the OP's question, was that I have come across the problem before of no dom references, etc. and it is sometimes cause by the developer not having a local copy of the jQuery file, (if they are coding in jQuery).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, pziecina. I'm just using plain standard JavaScript, no libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is looking at a default setting you may have to modify to get things going. Stay tuned to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there actually even a Dreamweaver team anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for downloading the latest version and providing you with your observations. Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Dreamweaver 19  and use prior version. If JavaScript authoring is your thing, consider a proper authoring tool, such as Visual Studio. The Dreamweaver programming team has some serious issues to resolve before I would even consider the latest and greatest (really, Preran? Do you really believe that. If so, there is a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you) versions. Refuse updates ntil you have reviewed the impact.

This reminds me of how you decided to install Microsoft updates... in the last century.

Listen to Adobe if you wish. But forewarned is forearmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for downloading the latest Dreamweaver CC. Dreamweaver CC uses ESLint for linting Javascript files. To copy the default eslint configuration file(rules file) to the site, goto Site Setup Dialog->Advanced Settings->JSLint and click on Edit Configuration file to get the default .eslintrc.js file copied to the site root. In the .eslintrc.js file, add the following environment option:

"env": {

"browser": true

}

You may want to look at  https://eslint.org/docs/user-guide/configuring#specifying-environments  for defining other environments for the site if needed. If your site already has any of the eslint configuration files [https://eslint.org/docs/user-guide/configuring#configuration-file-formats ], add the above environment to the configuration file.

Thanks,

Adobe Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am probably a stupid donkey, but I still don't know how to get read of the JS errors that have appeared with DW 2019 (and were totally absent from the former version).

As proposed in the answer, I have checked the JSLint and it seems in accordance with your recommendation (see first screenshot).

2018-11-24.png

Nevertheless, I have a tremendous set of stupid errors, with unrecognized keywords (see second screenshot).

2018-11-24 (1).png

So, I really need simple and efficient help!

Thank you

Pascal Garin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have prepared a Kb article which mentions the workaround for this issue.

Please refer to JavaScript objects are undefined in Dreamweaver 19.0 

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika,

Unfortunately, the zip-folder available at "Workaround 2" is empty.

Edit: Not the zip-folder itself is empty, but it contains an empty folder.

I tried two different Macs. See the unzipped folder here:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-05 um 17.08.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the solution provided by the adobe team does not work for me either. Do you have another solution or tip to remedy the problem. It's really complicated to work with this software that displays errors repeatedly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

we have fixed this below issue in our latest release 19.0.1 which can be downloaded from Creative cloud.

Please give a try and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks

Kratika

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines