• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW CC 2014 Server Busy

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch DW CC 2014 on my Windows 8.1 machine I keep getting a Server Busy message where I can switch to the application or try again. Eventually it goes away but it really delays the start up time on my DW application. I have added DW to the trusted applications list for Kaspersky so I don't think that is the issue. Never had this problem with the previous version of DW CC. Anybody else running into this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 211 Replies 211
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds odd.  I'm guessing that it is coincidental.   There isn't any logical reason that I can think of that your SD card would have anything to do with the authentication calls between the local Adobe Cloud Service 'engine' contacting the remote Adobe Dark Cloud Service unless you had installed to that card.

This is a sporadic issue.  Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Adobe's refusal to get this issue resolved is reprehensible.  However, as a result of it, I have finally gotten off of my bottom and started looking around and found that there are quite a few really good competing applications out there.  So I abandoned Adobe and their Dark Cloud Service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k.randolph what replacement products have you found? Not only did DW CC  2014.1 not fix the problem but now it also crashes if I leave the computer for awhile and come back to work on DW. So then of course I get stuck in the Server is Busy hell again. So the latest update made mine worse not better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more code-centric but IntelliJ does great for HTML and ColdFusion.

ColdFusion

I also use Eclipse.  ColdFusion Builder is based on it and is a solid product.  It hasn't been cast under a Dark Cloud as of yet, so it it works.

I miss Dreamweaver, but the cost of sporadic down time exceeds any value that Dreamweaver might otherwise have for me.  Time is money when your pay check depends on getting work done on time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally beginning to lose all faith in DW actually working when I need it. Sadly, I'm paying a subscription to Adobe, but simply can not use one of their products. And there's been really, zero help on resolving this issue. I also feel everyone's comments here, have and are simply falling on deaf ears.

Quite disappointing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vote with your pocketbook.   Either keep your subscription and thus reward them OR cancel your subscription and make sure that it is clear 'why'.

I kept up my subscription for the entire produce line for months before I finally gave up.  Did they once apologize or do ANYTHING to compensate me for the loss of productivity?  Nope.

With my Comcast service, I recently had some outages and in addition to actively working with me to resolve the issue, without me even asking for it, they apologized for the issue and gave us free Showtime and Starz for 3 months.  That is customer service.

I'm not entirely sure what Adobe's idea of proper customer service is, but so far it seems sub-par.

Maybe they want us to pay them extra to fix their bad code?

At this point, in this forum, the user base has repeatedly told them the parameters of the issue.  This issue should be relatively easy to resolve if they actually assign some engineers to it.

Have they told any of you 'our support department is working with our engineers [programmers] to resolve this issue and we hope to have a solution by XXXX'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, and I'm sure what they've banked on, is that I'm quite tied to many of their other products that work perfectly. So there is still a benefit with my subscription, however, I am using other coding software out there. Still... I'd LOVE a professional and qualified response aside from the awesome people that try and have offered their help on here. This situation is bigger than their control/abilities unfortunately.

Like Adobe even cares about this thread... I've posted it on several social media avenues with zero response.

Again... Quite disappointing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's November 2014 now and still waiting for a fix.

Running Win 7 64bit and get the exact message as above.

Very disappointed in Adobe quality control on this issue. Their products are usually top notch, and of course the price is, too!

Thanks to everyone above for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I think DW/Adobe simply doesn't care. The volunteers have tried to help without any solutions posted here. This has been quite disappointing. I've put messages on their FB page now twice without any reply nor action... defeating really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly sure that this issue is caused (at least in my case) by Dreamweaver trying to access a file or data outside of it's install location.

In my case, when I get the message I hear one of the several HDDs in my system spin up as if the drive where the file is located was in standby and got woken up by the file request. Dreamweaver then gets upset because the file isn't immediately available and throws an error (and sometimes crashes completely)

Dreamweaver is installed on my C: drive which is an SSD. All of the site files are stored in a WAMP server also located on this drive so, in theory, there should be nothing to access on any of the other drives but I can definitely hear one of them spin up. I do have other Adobe products installed on the other drives, including Dreamweaver CS6 so could it be trying to access a shared file? The problem occurs when DW is first started and then again at various points whilst it is running so would fit the scenario of the drive going into standby.

I have not managed to trace the offending file(s) yet and unfortunately this is a production system in pretty constant use so I cannot mess with it too much. It is running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, Dreamweaver 2014.1 64bit.

I don't know if this complies with other peoples situations but hopefully this information may be of help to someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same setup with Dreamweaver and WAMP installed on an SSD while I have two other HDDs on my system. The only difference is I have Win 7 Pro 64-bit. I upgraded Adobe from CS6 to CC on the SSD. I'm going to do a clean install when I have time, but I might try uninstalling WAMP in the mean time to see if that is the issue. I have tried a number of things related to my firewall and adjusting Dreamweaver's preferences related to files but nothing seems to work. I'll report back if I find something that fixes my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I *THINK* I may have a handle on this now:

I have used Sysinternals DiskMon to record all disk access whilst DW starts and the error occurs. It shows no read or write activity on any other drive than C: so it not accessing a file. However it is definitely bringing the other drive out of standby and it is not happy till the other drive responds. My guess would be that it is ensuring that all drives are available in case it needs to access them - this would tie in with s post about about the faulty SD Card (SD Card unavailable = DW Error).

My drives were set to go into sleep mode after 20 minutes of no activity, which is probably around the interval I was seeing the error. Also the error wouldn't always occur as sometimes another application may have been keeping the drive awake.

I have disabled the sleep mode on the drives and *SO FAR* I have not seen the error.

I will report back soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hard drives were set to sleep at 20 minutes also, and that would explain why the issue was so intermittent. Sometimes it would occur on startup and other times not at all. I have set my hard drives to never sleep. So far that seems to have worked, but only time will tell. Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully this will fix the issue for everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TwoSuits this has resolved the problem for me.  No messages in 36 hours, whereas before I was getting the problem every time I came back to my computer.

The solution that worked for me was: Stopping the hard drives going to sleep.

Setup: Windows 7 64bit, Dreamweaver CC 2014.1, 2 HD (1 SSD, 1 standard HHD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The “Server Busy” error message is popped by Windows OS.

This message appears whenever there is a resource conflict between two processes in Windows and one of the processes will not release the required resource so that it can be used by another process(in this case Dreamweaver).

It is possible that Windows thinks there is a network service conflict of some kind or disk/file conflict; however, adware / spyware can also cause this problem to occur.

It could be popped up in multiple scenarios, it may be due to some applications which run in the background and on startup (eg java, CuteFTP etc ). There is no defined solution to this Windows error but you can try the below:

- Close any other apps before launching Dreamweaver

- Check if Windows update is installing updates and launch Dreamweaver once the updates are installed

- Using msconfig to remove some apps from startup

- Finding what apps are using what port using TCPView

- DiskMon to check what disk activity is being done with which application

The error message is not specific to Dreamweaver. Following are threads on the same issue reported on Microsoft Support forums with different applications:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/98da9e16-fdab-4cf9-8251-4f466d6c6c13/serve...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/server-is-busy-program-not-re...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/annoying-messages-server-busy-ever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, , 2 questions immediately spring to mind:

1. If this is caused by a conflict with another application, why does stopping extra drives (ones that DW is not even installed on) going into sleep mode rectify the problem (certainly in my case and that of several others).
  2. Why has it taken over 5 MONTHS to present this 'solution'.

Essential your post says "Nothing to do with us - it's just cranky old windows". I find this attitude and your post extremely condescending. Do you honest think that after 5 months and over 100 posts, none of the myriad IT professionals suffering from this problem have tried the suggestions you make? Most of those checks are even referred to directly in the thread! People (including myself) have experienced the problem on clean installs or with all third party applications disabled. It may be driver related, it may be hardware related, but the crux of the matter is that, for me at least, the only application I see this problem with is DW. It may well be a windows error message but your application is the one causing it. Trying to reject any responsibility with this facile post is NOT the way to treat your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get right down to it, we really don't care about if it happens 'with other apps'.  What we do care about is that it happens with the application we pay for.  It is your developers job to right their software and hardware code such that it does NOT conflict with standard Windows hardware and services.

Pointing the finger at other people doesn't excuse Adobe.  It just makes the person pointing the finger look pathetic.  Please keep in mind that as ticked as many of us are, we are not keeping quiet about this.  We are advising our friends, managers, co-workers etc. to investigate other options.  Some of which have been mentioned in these discussions.

For the most part, Dreamweaver is a good product.  But Adobe's seeming incompetence to resolve this issue has more than a few people looking to not only replace Dreamweaver, but all of the other cloud reliant applications.  After all, if they can't resolve a basic issue with Dreamweaver, why should they/we expect that Adobe will be able to handle other such issues in the future with their other applications?

As I mentioned before, I have long since dropped my subscription.  Oh, I should amend that.  I recently reupped my acrobat subscription but will be canceling it again shortly since I don't need it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry if my previous message has given you the wrong impression.

We are definitely looking into the issue and solving the issues our users are facing is utmost to us.

I have just shared the findings we have come across while looking into the issue.

Also I would recommend to report any issues to the Product teams by going to below URL which you can also access from Help Menu in Dreamweaver CC 2014. This will help to get a quicker response from Product team.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this one. it worked for me.

instead of launching Dreamweaver from my usual Rocketdock Menu system, i launched it from the Adobe Cloud Apps page.  Apparently, that corrected the problem of the timeout in DV.  all I can think of is it supplied a missing file.

When I shut down DV ... I returned to Rocketdock to launch the software, and i haven't had a problem since.

Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update, I have some serious issues about adobe ( wifi 'n' services, the most common, here at LA library T-one lines, old but faster than dialup only allows 500kb per second. I know from my last computer, Symantic Corporate edition. because I was at UC Berkeley, the live feeds show NSA pumping in 750kb per sec, so  that already jams up the 'connection feed'

I also recently got an Adobe Flash update, that was a malware, huge virus that screwed up my computer good. it looked professional like the Adobe update 'splash pages.

then the last thing is that while I  have a credit card on file, and adobe take it out by themselves each month, I get  'removed' from the DW 'ok' list and cannot work off line tow day before my payment and two days afterwards.

adobe may be a very bad company, and I need to turn to a reliable one. MS is evil. they forced us to have 'extensions' and then stopped supporting them, without a long time warning, Duffases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...the same message. Adobe neeeds to work and solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,
With respect to various theories, and vented frustrations about this, I think there has been a lot of time wasted pursuing dead ends. What I find frustrationing is what I highlighted in the screenshot below.
The problem is... clearly... I repeat (I have said this before) it says: "TO ACTIVATE THE BUSY PROGRAM"

All this business of looking at the activity logs and coming up with various explanations such as drives being asleep and what not are all red herrings. Saying that Adobe doesn't care is neither true, nor is it productive.

I'm going to write this in all caps, bold and underline it not to be a jerk, but to make it stand out.

<!--
THE WINDOWS ACTIVATION ALGORITHM FOR DREAMWEAVER IN CREATIVE CLOUD IS FLAWED.

-->

That is the one and only place the Adobe team needs to look.

If the Creative Cloud activation status doesn't return true, then have it re-check in the background or serve up a Log Into Creative Cloud.

This "Switch to/ Retry with a grayed out cancel prompt is a lazy dingleberry left in the code that should be hunted down and eradicated like a console.log() javascript notice in an IE8 debug session. This does not happen elsewhere in Creative Cloud. This is Dreawweaver-centric activation bug.

Lastly, no, the last update did not fix it.

Hear me.

I would appreciate if someone from Adobe would reply to my specific post/diagnosis here and tell me if I'm right or wrong.
Thank you.

activate.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to urinate on your strawberries but I can state with a fair degree of certainty that the problem in my case was extra hard drives going into standby. If DW doesn't detect all drives as active it will throw the server busy message. IMHO the term activate you are hung up on merely refers to the 'Switch To' operation (as in activate the unresponsive application) rather than the anti piracy software activation process.

With drive standby disabled I have yet to see the error but if I set the drives to go into standby after 5 minutes and ensure nothing else is keeping them active..... You guessed it! Error occurs approximately every 5 minutes.

Needs a little more testing to be 100% but pretty conclusive so far. Additional drives in standby DO cause this error.

I'm not saying this is the cause in your case but it almost certainly is in mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I also have a primary drive that is an SSD that DW is installed on and then my website data is stored on a second drive. However my drives never spin down and I always get this error when launching DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hedge

It looks like ANY drive being temporarily unresponsive can cause the problem, even external drives, card readers and possibly even network drives. Do you have any other drives that might go into standby or become inaccessible for any other reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Just the two. SSD and a secondary SATA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines